OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

new install will not go to install screen

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

new install will not go to install screen

Postby jimlouis » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Hello,

I downloaded the software locally then ftp'd it up to the site. I created the database (with no tables) in mysql. This is a clean install.

I then go to the location of the ocs software in my browser and get this.

DB Error: Access denied for user 'ocs'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: YES)
ocs2: DB Error: Access denied for user 'ocs'@'127.0.0.1' (using password: YES)

So I go into the config.inc.php file and add the database location, the database name, the username, and password and get this.

DB Error: Table 'abstractscf10.conferences' doesn't exist
ocs2: DB Error: Table 'abstractscf10.conferences' doesn't exist

and because the SQL is in an XML format (which I do not know how locally to convert it from XML to SQL. I do not know now to make the tables manually.) Also I do not have command line access so I can not see the sql by trying the command line install.

So
1. Where is the install page to help me install? Is there a direct way to access it?
2. How do I convert the XML to SQL so I can manually create the tables?
jimlouis

Re: new install will not go to install screen

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Hi jimlouis,

You shouldn't attempt to convert the XML to SQL -- doing so would be far too time consuming. Instead, try to figure out why you are getting that error to begin with. I'd recommend reading and understanding not only the install documentation that ships with OCS itself (see docs/INSTALL), but also the Installation section in the OJS userguide. (I know you are trying to install OCS -- the process is exactly the same for both applications.)

If you still get the error, try searching for it on the forum -- others have probably encountered the same problem, and have found solutions. If you don't find anything, please feel free to repost, describing exactly what steps you took to date, and what kind of problems you are experiencing.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support