OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Remove Item on Navigation Bar

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Remove Item on Navigation Bar

Postby bronskyblu » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:40 am

Hi,
I read a lot about this topic, in particular 'http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4148', but anytime about OJS and not OCS. I still tried to follow suggestions, modifying 'templates/common/header.tpl', without success. Probably there are other files containing the same info that build the navigation bar:

Code: Select all
<ul class="menu">
      <li><a href="{url conference="index" schedConf="index" op="index"}">{translate key="navigation.home"}</a></li>
      <li><a href="{url page="about"}">{translate key="navigation.about"}</a></li>
      {if $isUserLoggedIn}
         <li><a href="{url page="user"}">{translate key="navigation.userHome"}</a></li>
      {else}
         <li><a href="{url page="login"}">{translate key="navigation.login"}</a></li>
         <li><a href="{url page="user" op="account"}">{translate key="navigation.account"}</a></li>
      {/if}
      <li><a href="{url page="search"}">{translate key="navigation.search"}</a></li>
      {if $currentConference}
         {if $currentSchedConfsExist}
            <li><a href="{url schedConf="index" page="schedConfs" op="current"}">{translate key="navigation.current"}</a></li>   
            {/if}
         {if $archivedSchedConfsExist}<li><a href="{url schedConf="index" page="schedConfs" op="archive"}">{translate key="navigation.archive"}</a></li>{/if}
         {if $enableAnnouncements}
            <li><a href="{url page="announcement"}">{translate key="announcement.announcements"}</a></li>
         {/if}
         {call_hook name="Templates::Common::Header::Navbar::CurrentConference"}
      {/if}
      {foreach from=$navMenuItems item=navItem}
         <li><a href="{if $navItem.isAbsolute}{$navItem.url|escape}{else}{$navItem.url|escape}{/if}">{if $navItem.isLiteral}{$navItem.name|escape}{else}{translate key=$navItem.name}{/if}</a></li>
      {/foreach}
   </ul>

I simply cut the item I don't want, i.e. from {if $currentConference} to {/if}. Is it correct or may I forget something?
Any suggestion or redirecting to the right old post? ;)
Thanks a lot,
bronskyblu

Re: Remove Item on Navigation Bar

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:20 pm

Hi Gabriele,

Yes, that's more or less what you want to do. You should always test the change you make, and of course try and keep a backup of the file you are modifying, so that you can revert to the original if you need to.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support