OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Hiding supplemental files from reviewers

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Hiding supplemental files from reviewers

Postby sasutton » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:59 pm

I have enabled supplemental file submission. However, I don't always want to make the supplemental file available to peer reviewers (e,g,m sometimes I can't anonymize a file etc.). When selecting a reviewer, the "Present File to Reviewers" check box is checked (grayed out) and inactive (can't be unchecked). Any advice would be appreciated.

Stuart
sasutton

Re: Hiding supplemental files from reviewers

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:56 pm

Hi Stuart,

Which version of OJS are you using again? I can't seem to replicate this, and I'm suspecting it might already be fixed. You may also have luck with the following workaround: go to the submission's Summary page, and from there click the Edit button next to the supplementary file(s), where you'll find the same checkbox. That's unwieldy, of course, and that checkbox may also not work. Please let us know on all counts.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby sasutton » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:05 pm

James, it is the OCS not the OJS--version 2.1.2.1. The workaround you suggested worked perfectly.

Thanks.

Stuart
sasutton

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi Stuart,

Oops -- thanks for pointing that out, I totally didn't look at which forum I was posting in! As I said, the workaround is unwieldy. I have actually replicated this in OCS 2.3.1, and have posted a bug report here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5859. Please feel free to CC yourself to that report for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support