OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Track directors can't see papers of his track

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Track directors can't see papers of his track

Postby felipealencar » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:52 am

Hey! I'm from Brazil and I'm using OCS to manage a conferece (duh).
- The tracks was created;
- The tracks have some directors;

But three of my fourty directors can't manage the papers that was submitted to their tracks.
When one of this two directors that I mentioned is logged, he can see papers in avaliation but this papers aren't listed in the manager screen, I think it's a database error but It's only a think, I'm comming here to know if someone had this trouble before or if I forgot to configure something.
Help to see the light hehe

[]'s
felipealencar

Re: Track directors can't see papers of his track

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:26 am

Hi felipealencar,

You may want to a) ensure that those users have been enrolled as Track Directors; and b) ensure that the Track Directors have indeed been assigned to the track(s) in question. Any difference between the three problem users and the rest might point to the problem itself. If you can't seem to find anything, please let us know your OCS version and we can investigate further.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Track directors can't see papers of his track

Postby felipealencar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:35 am

Well I make the assignments in the table 'edit_assignments' manually, so now it's allright. I think that it's good how it is (the assignment of director to track, and papers), but a easy way to assignment current track's papers to the new directors of a track could be implemented, some method who calls the INSERT INTO edit_assignments (paper_id, director_id) SELECT [...], you know what I mean?

I don't know if I said it right but, the point it's solved :)

Thanks for help ;) .
felipealencar

Return to OCS Technical Support