OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Fatal error: function getusercookie undefined !

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Fatal error: function getusercookie undefined !

Postby ChrisB » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:21 pm

Since I applied the refresh 'fix' for the registrants page, I am now getting "Fatal error: function getusercookie undefined" for invitedsubmit.php

Help! What have I done wrong? Is this related to a cookie not being set in the first place?

Chris
ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:41 pm

Just wondering if this is happening because I'm running PHP as CGI rather than an Apache module?
ChrisB

Postby ChrisB » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:33 pm

I took out the 'refresh' code and the page displays okay. But the site is NOT setting cookies!!!

Aargh....!
ChrisB

Postby asmecher » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:59 pm

Hi Chris,

There was a suggestion in the thread I linked (http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119) regarding the cookie path -- double-check to see that your base URL is correctly set, or try changing the cookie path to "/".

If you set your cookie path to somewhere other than where OCS is installed, OCS will never receive the cookie; this sounds like the behavior you're encountering.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support