OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem with review process OCS 2.1.2.1

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Problem with review process OCS 2.1.2.1

Postby ramon » Thu May 20, 2010 7:03 am

Hello all,

We are experiencing a little problem with our review process.
The Submission configuration is setup as "Complete submission".
When we have a new submission, we can't send it to review, although there is a submitted file.
We get this message every time:
Code: Select all
It's not yet possible to perform this review. Either the abstract review is not yet complete, or the author has not yet provided a paper for review.

The screen shows a version for review is available, but it's impossible to perform the review, and the Director decision options are disabled.
Is this working "as designed" or is there a known bug?
I found a few references similar to this, but no solution and the posts are a bit old...
We tried OCS 2.3 but it's not behaving properly with PostgreSQL, so we don't want to upgrade this version (although it's running with MySQL).
ramon

Re: Problem with review process OCS 2.1.2.1

Postby jmacgreg » Mon May 24, 2010 12:25 pm

Hi Ramón,

Could this be the following bug: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4859 (or technically, the bug it is a dupe of)? There's a patch for OCS 2.1.2 attached.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ramon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:10 am

Hello James,

Sorry to leave this so long unreported.
I believe there was a problem with the multiple stage review process here and we applied the patch manually, because there were some problems with file lines not being found by the patch. This was done by someone else, as I was on vacation then, so I don't know what happened.
Maybe the patch to be applied was the Pre-OCS2.3, but the OCS2.1.2 version was applied instead.
Is there a way to check if the patch was applied correctly?
There are reports that other users had issues with this patch.

I don't know if it's related (I assume it is), but entering as a Reviewer I can see the same submission twice: one in the "archive" and one "in review".
Is this working as designed or the patch was applied incorrectly?
ramon

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:51 am

Hi Ramón,

Probably the most surefire way to see exactly what has been applied to the changed files would be to generate a diff between them and the originals from the original 2.1.2 package. Definitely worth doing, so that you have an idea as to a) which patch was applied (I'm guessing you need the 2.1.2 patch); and whether it was applied completely. You may also want to try reverting to original files, and re-applying the correct patch. Unless you had previously made changes to those files, the patch should apply cleanly. You may have to try a different -p option. Try applying the patch with the --dry-run option first, and let us know what kinds of errors you are seeing.

I'm not sure about the other issue (seeing the review in both queues), but let's try and get this first problem sorted first, as you may be right in that it's all related.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support