OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

want email when paper is submitted

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

want email when paper is submitted

Postby suyog » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:02 am

hii

I am very sorry if I am posting in wrong forum.

I want email alert when somebody submit a paper in ojs. Also, the paper should be attached in that email. How can I do this I can have any authorization if required for email..

thanks in advance...

plz respond..
Last edited by suyog on Sun May 02, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suyog

Re: want email when paper is submitted

Postby suyog » Sun May 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Dear Sir

I am awaiting for reply...

Thanks
suyog

Postby jmacgreg » Mon May 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi Suyog,

We're a small team, and it sometimes takes us a while to get to support requests, but we do try to get to them all. Regarding your question: you can configure the system to send a notification of submission email in Journal Setup Step 3.6. You should also be able to configure your notification settings from the Notifications block in the sidebar (only if you are using a newer version of OJS).

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby suyog » Mon May 03, 2010 7:49 pm

thanks ...
suyog

Postby suyog » Tue May 04, 2010 9:08 am

I did but still no email after submission, seen spam box also, no notification mails.
suyog

Postby jmacgreg » Thu May 06, 2010 9:52 am

Hi Suyog,

Have you checked your mail log to see if the emails have been sent out or not? And are emails otherwise working normally on your system?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby crlsgms » Wed May 12, 2010 11:41 am

where the mail log for ojs stays? i wanna troubleshoot my mailing system too... actually im trying to find a simple way to just test if ojs is sending in both magazines
crlsgms

Postby jmacgreg » Fri May 14, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi Carlos,

OJS will keep a log of some emails (specifically anything to do with the submission process) if you enable the email logging functionality in Journal Setup Step 4.1. But what you're really looking for is your server's mail log, which logs all mail sent out from the server. Your service provider should be able to tell you where that is.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support