OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Installing OCS with Dspace

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Installing OCS with Dspace

Postby sbburde » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:44 pm

I want to install OCS on the same server where DSPACE is installed. Is
it possible to run both OCS & Dspace simultaneously in live environemt.
Dspace is running on Red hat linux.
when tried installing OCS, an installation page does not open in browser.

S B Burde
sbburde

Re: Installing OCS with Dspace

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:31 am

Hi S B Burde,

There should be no problem whatsoever installing OCS on the same server as DSpace. Could you provide more detail on what kind of problem you are having? Note that if you are running into a blank page on install, you most likely have not configured permissions correctly. See the FAQ for more tips.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby sbburde » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Dear James,

thanks.
I have set the permissions properly. I have OCS installstion running perfectly on other desktop PC in Ubuntu. I am trying it on some other server where Dspace is running in Red hat. I get error in browser on starting installation page itself. Is it because of the two different applications running on same machine/same default port. When I enter OCS installation page address in browser, it says page not found. I copied the OCS web directory 1st in /ROOT folder in Red hat Linux. /ROOT is the default web directory for Dspace. Then I tried keeping OJS outside Dspace web folder but same error.

Sincerely,
S B Burde
sbburde

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi S B Burde,

I'm not a DSpace guru, but I'll ask one of our team members who is to take a look at this thread. However, I will say that while OCS is a fairly typical web application with typical requirements, DSpace is a different beast altogether, and IIRC requires some fairly specific Apache configuration that might make running other, more typical web apps difficult. You may be able to find assistance from their community members (http://dspace.org/community/archives/) who would be able to suggest ways in which you can have DSpace cooperate with other web apps.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mjordan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Hi S B Burde,

My guess is that, as you suspect, you are trying to run two different web servers (Tomcat for DSpace, apache for OCS) on the same port . http://dspace.org/1_6_0Documentation/ch03.html#N107DD suggests that Tomcat should already be running on port 8080 but you should confirm this. If both web servers are configured to use port 80, then the second one to start up with fail. You will need to configure one of them to use port 8080 (or some other port). Can you confirm that both web servers are configured to run on port 80?

Mark
PKP Team
mjordan

Return to OCS Technical Support