OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

I can´t login in my conference using Internet Explorer

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

I can´t login in my conference using Internet Explorer

Postby alexarv11 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi,

I can login in my conference using any browser except Internet Explorer. I don´t know if that problem is caused by the version of IE, but I try to access my acount and I couldn´t.

My conference link is [url]xiii.ciaem-iacme.org[/url]

Thanks,

Alexa
alexarv11

Re: I can´t login in my conference using Internet Explorer

Postby alexarv11 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 pm

Any suggestion???

Thanks!!!

Alexa
alexarv11

Postby alexarv11 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:10 pm

Please someone could help me!!!

It is an big problem that we need to solve as soon as we can!!!

Thanks!!!
alexarv11

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi alexarv11,

This is happening because you have your conference set up to display within a frameset. If you go directly to http://www.cimm.ucr.ac.cr/ocs/index.php ... iii_ciaem/ in IE, you can login without any problems. I'm guessing that this is a configuration/security issue in Explorer, although reducing my browser's security level to low or medium doesn't help. I'm afraid you may have to find a better workaround than simply displaying your conference in a frame.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby alexarv11 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:39 pm

Thanks a lot James,

I had to forward (only) my site from the official address without masking it, and now I can login in Internet Explorer without problem. So all the conference user are going to know the sever address, but it isn´t a big problem.

Thanks,

Alexa
alexarv11

Return to OCS Technical Support