OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

PayPal problem

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

PayPal problem

Postby ozgur1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:34 am

Hello,

I am using OCS 2.3.0.0.

When I try to select PayPal as the payment method and click save. It returns to the main page of the conference; and the method is not selected. I can only select manual payment. I wonder if there is a problem with the paypal plugin. Do you have any ideas how to fix this problem? Thanks.

Ozgur
ozgur1

Re: PayPal problem

Postby michael » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi Ozgur,

I would recommend double-checking to see whether your browser is caching the Payment Settings page. Try re-loading the page to see if the saved PayPal settings appear as they should. You can also clear the OCS template cache as the Site Administrator.

You can also check whether your settings are saved by looking directly at your OCS database. In the plugin_settings table, you should have correct values for the settings with setting_name set to 'paypalurl' and 'selleraccount'. If you have access to command-line MySQL, the commands would be:

Code: Select all
SELECT * FROM plugin_settings WHERE setting_name='paypalurl';
SELECT * FROM plugin_settings WHERE setting_name='selleraccount';

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby ozgur1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:51 pm

Thanks for your reply, Michael.

I have tried to delete the cache but it didnt change. I've also check the relevant database. However, I dont see any name called 'paypalurl' or 'selleraccount' under plugin_settings.

Is there a way to reinstall the paypal plugin? I can see that I can upload it logging as a conference manager, but I couldn't find the file in the website.

Thanks again.

Ozgur
ozgur1

Postby michael » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:49 am

Hi Ozgur,

Have you been able to save other conference settings or is this limited to the payment settings?

Can you confirm that your OCS database user has the correct MySQL privileges (i.e. INSERT)?

What browser/version/platform are you using?

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby ozgur1 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:04 am

Yes, I can save everything except paypal payment. I can also save manual payment.

I confirm that OCS user has correct privilidges.

I am using IE8, Vista. Another site admin has tried it, and encountered the same problem.

If you have any other suggestions, let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Ozgur

michael wrote:Hi Ozgur,

Have you been able to save other conference settings or is this limited to the payment settings?

Can you confirm that your OCS database user has the correct MySQL privileges (i.e. INSERT)?

What browser/version/platform are you using?

Cheers,
Michael
ozgur1

Postby michael » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:52 am

Hi Ozgur,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Can you please try accessing/saving these settings via another browser, such as Firefox, for example.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby michael » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:26 am

Hi Ozgur,

I've been able to confirm this with IE8 and filed it as a bug here.

This should be fixed for the upcoming OCS 2.3.1 release. For the time being, you should be able to use Firefox to access and modify these settings.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Postby ozgur1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:48 am

Hi Michael. I've tried with Safari and it also worked with it.

Thank you for your efforts and help.

Ozgur
ozgur1

Return to OCS Technical Support