OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Registration Options and Submission Types

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Registration Options and Submission Types

Postby tshore » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:29 pm

I love that we have access to these two new features in OCS 2.x, however, I can't see any way to get at this data? That is, other than record by record or custom php work.

Conference managers need to be able to see registration options on the Registrations page (maybe just totals?).

Directors need to be able to see Submission Types - with totals - on the Submissions pages (ie. UNASSIGNED, IN REVIEW, PRESENTATIONS) and in the Papers and Review Reports. Everyone should be able to see Submissions Types on the Presentations page.

So, I guess this post falls under the Feature Request category.
tshore

Re: Registration Options and Submission Types

Postby michael » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:10 am

Hi Trudy,

Thanks for the suggestions.

tshore wrote:Conference managers need to be able to see registration options on the Registrations page (maybe just totals?).

Yes, good idea. We'll include this as part of our review and overhaul of registration handling for OCS.

tshore wrote:Directors need to be able to see Submission Types - with totals - on the Submissions pages (ie. UNASSIGNED, IN REVIEW, PRESENTATIONS) and in the Papers and Review Reports. Everyone should be able to see Submissions Types on the Presentations page.

I've filed this as a feature request here. Please feel free to CC yourself on the bug report and/or add any additional relevant details.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Re: Registration Options and Submission Types

Postby mendesrocha » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:40 pm

tshore wrote:Everyone should be able to see Submissions Types on the Presentations page.

Hello,

Regarding this request, I managed this (limited) solution.

In ocs/templates/schedConf/papers.tpl (around line 43)

Code: Select all
{assign var=sessionType value=$paper->getData('sessionType')}
{if $sessionType == 4}Session Type 4 Name
{elseif $sessionType == 5}Session Type 5 Name
{else $sessionType == 6}Session Type 6 Name
{/if}

and ocs/templates/paper/paper.tpl (around line 49) I added the following code:

Code: Select all
(<em>{assign var=sessionType value=$paper->getData('sessionType')}
{if $sessionType == 4}Session Type 4 Name
{elseif $sessionType == 5}Session Type 5 Name
{else $sessionType == 6}Session Type 6 Name
{/if})</em>

So session type name is displayed in both Presentations page and Paper abstract page.

This is a limited (and poor) solution because I could not manage how to automaticaly translate the session type number into session type name. Can anyone help to improve this piece of code?
mendesrocha

Return to OCS Technical Support