OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problems with Registration Options

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Problems with Registration Options

Postby jansteenstra822 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:44 am

Hi there,

We used the OCS registration manager to handle our conference registration. Over time, we made some custom changes (i.e. added some simple if statements to show certain registrationOptions only for certain registrationTypes; removed the fee Code option) and they all worked until today. I made some more changes and registration failed. So I set back some back-ups but then it failed to display any registrationOptions in the second form (i.e. userRegistrationForm.tpl). Than I set back all the original registration templates on the server, but the second form didn't display the registrationOptions, but also didn't show the original fee code section. Apparantly, the server loads an old file of the userRegistrationForm.tpl. Anyone know why this is happening? I already resetted the server and removing the userRegistrationForm.tpl immediately gives an error, but placing any userRegistrationForm in the templates/registration directory makes the browser show the 'old&bugged' registration form.

Thanks in advance!
jansteenstra822

Re: Problems with Registration Options

Postby jansteenstra822 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:06 am

Hmmm, for reasons unknown the me the server started loading the correct template.... but then when I update it again (i.e. remove the fee code paragraph) it refuses to show it in the browser.

To me it seems that the server just forgots to load the latest template version... Strangely, it immediately comes up with an error when I remove it...

Can anyone tell something more about this process? Why does my server refuses to load the latest version of the template I put on the server?
jansteenstra822

Postby jansteenstra822 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:39 am

For those interested. I have determined that the problems I am experiencing are caused by Smarty Caching: http://www.smarty.net/manual/en/caching.php. Apparently the templates are cached once in a while: http://www.smarty.net/manual/en/caching.php

I am now looking into how I can customize smarty caching so I can see the results of the tempaltes I am editing immediately.
jansteenstra822

Postby asmecher » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:47 am

Hi jansteenstra822,

The template cache should automatically be updated when the template files are modified. I suspect you've got file permissions set incorrectly on the contents of cache/t_compile -- clear out that directory and ensure that the permissions are set properly, and you should be OK.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support