OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[OCS 2.1.2.1] Can't Export Papers for all tracks, only some

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

[OCS 2.1.2.1] Can't Export Papers for all tracks, only some

Postby albertosa » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:07 am

Hi.

I'm using the OCS v. 2.1.2.1.
I have 31 registered tracks in a Conference.
All tracks were equally configurated.

The abstract acceptance decision was already registered in all tracks.
When I use the 'export papers' feature (Papers XML Plugin) I can only do it for 2 tracks. Why doesn't appear the others 29?

For those 2 tracks the export feature works pretty well, I'm wondering why I can´t select the others. Should I have to activate something? If so, I can't find where I did it for the 2 working tracks...

thanks for all.
albertosa

Re: [OCS 2.1.2.1] Can't Export Papers for all tracks, only some

Postby wbt » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:42 pm

Hi Alberto,

I tried the XMl export facility and could only export 4 out of 178 papers. Apparent, only "published" papers can be exported, but I don't know how papers become "published". Perhaps it's the same for your 2 tracks.

Bye,

Wouter
wbt

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi Albertrosa, Wouter,

You are correct -- the Paper Export plugin only exports published papers. You can publish any paper by going to the last possible review page for the paper, and clicking the "Complete" button to move it to the list of accepted presentations.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby albertosa » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Well, something went wrong or it is probably a bug:

The situations was this: by mistake, the track coordinator pressed the "Complete" button for all submissions. As it was a precipitate act, I had to reverse the process and pressed the 'Remove' button (at the "last possible review page for the paper").

However, these submissions still appears when I try to export the papers and that's what is making me confused: if they are not anymore recorded as "completed" and not a part of the list of accepted presentations, why they can still be exported? It seems the definitions on the export plugin cannot be clear or undone.
albertosa

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi albertrosa,

I've replicated the bug and have filed it here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5313. Please feel free to CC yourself for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby albertosa » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:15 pm

jmacgreg wrote:Hi albertrosa,

I've replicated the bug and have filed it here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5313. Please feel free to CC yourself for future updates.

Cheers,
James

thank you, but is this for version ocs2.1.2.1 ?
albertosa

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:16 am

Hi albertrosa,

It's specific to 2.3.1, but you should be able to apply it to your install. Just take a look at the diff here:

http://github.com/pkp/ocs/commit/ba329f ... 1dceb1da7d

(if you add ".diff" to the end of that URL, you'll actually get a downloadable unified diff that you can then apply using your server's patch tool.)

Try modifying the files as suggested (keeping backups of your files, of course), and using the plugin again. If that doesn't seem to work, just let us know.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support