OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

I could not see a embedded googlemap in a static page

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

I could not see a embedded googlemap in a static page

Postby alexarv11 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Hi,

I tried to embed a googlemap in a static page, at the beginning everyting was ok, because I am a mac user, so in my browser I could see the map perfectly.

But If I try to see it in Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers the map doesn´t appear. This is the code that I used in my static page:

Code: Select all
<embed width="400" height="310" src="http://maps.google.es/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=es&amp;geocode=&amp;q=recife&amp;sll=-7.939556,-35.549011&amp;sspn=1.313859,2.449951&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=Recife+-+PE,+Brasil&amp;z=11&amp;ll=-8.054278,-34.881256&amp;output=embed" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></embed>

Thanks,

Alexa
alexarv11

Re: I could not see a embedded googlemap in a static page

Postby alexarv11 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:56 pm

I appreciated if someone could help me with that problem!!!

Thanks,

Alexa
alexarv11

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Alexa,

The issue is that the TinyMCE editor is converting the <embed> tag to an <object> tag, but the resulting code isn't working. You could try editing the converted object tag so that it works across all browsers. I'm curious, though, as to where you got that code: when I try and create an embeddable link with Google Maps, it gives me code in an iframe.

I've added this as a feature request: see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5278, and please feel free to CC yourself for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mcrider » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 pm

Hi Alexa,

My advice would be just to edit the database--I've experimented with modifying the TinyMCE plugin to allow embed tags (see http://syedgakbar.wordpress.com/2008/01/28/adding-flash-embed-support-in-tinymce-editor/), but with all the fiddling I did, I still couldn't get it to work after half an hour. Feel free to experiment in that vein (you can find the relvant TinyMCE initialization code in plugins/generic/staticPages/StaticPagesEditForm.inc.php), but I found a quick alternative is just to find the content in the the static_page_settings table, and paste the embed code into there (so TinyMCE doesn't have a chance to strip out tags).

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby alexarv11 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:13 pm

Hi James!!

Thanks for your suggestions!!

You are right about the code that google maps page generated for embed the map in a web page!!! It was with iframe , but the TinyMCE editor doesn´t work with that, for that reason I change the code with embed tag as you saw in my first post. That code worked ok in Mac OS (using Safari) and google chrome, but in Firefox or Internet Explorer (Windows) the map doesn´t appear!!! I investigated that it happen because I need a plugin for firefox and Internet Explorer that understands the googlemap.

This is the site of my conference and the page that has the map:
http://www.cimm.ucr.ac.cr/ocs/index.php/xiii_ciaem/xiii_ciaem/pages/view/sede_evento

Thanks,

Alexa
alexarv11

Postby alexarv11 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:24 pm

Hi Matt!!

Thanks for your reply!!

I could enable the embed tag in the TinyMCE for my OCS , but the iframe tag doesn´t work!!! I´m going to try the way you said about modify the content in the database!!!

Thanks,

Alexa
alexarv11

Return to OCS Technical Support