OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCS upgrade problems

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

OCS upgrade problems

Postby ramon » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Hello all,

I'm not really sure what happened, but somehow an OCS installation I'm trying to upgrade has a code version older than the database, and it's saying the database is 2.1.2.1, while the code version is 2.1.2.0.
However, on the About page, the version displayed is 2.1.2.1....
The upgrade.php check informs that the newest version is 2.3, which I'm not so eager to use as it's not stable yet.

Any ideas as to what may have caused this?
I can't find an OCS full version 2.1.2.1 to download nor a patch from 2.1.2.0 to 2.1.2.1 to apply.

Any ideas?
ramon

Re: OCS upgrade problems

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi Ramón,

IIRC, we forgot to update the version descriptor when we released OCS 2.1.2-1. You can generate a diff file between OCS 2.1.2-0 and 2.1.2-1 using CVS:
Code: Select all
cvs rdiff -u -r ocs-2_1_2-0 -r ocs-2_1_2-1 ocs2 > ocs.diff
Review the resulting ocs.diff file and see which version you've got (i.e. whether the changes describe have already been applied).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ramon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:21 am

Hello Alec,

Thanks for the command, but it's throwing an error, obviously because of my lack of knowledge on how to use CVS properly.
I tried running this command within the OCS root folder (which is cipecc_upgrade) and also outside of it, but something is missing.
Do I need to connect to the CVS before?
myserver@ibcit:~/general/ocs2_rio_test# cvs rdiff -u -r ocs-2_1_2-0 -r ocs-2_1_2-1 cipecc_upgrade > ocs.diff
cvs rdiff: No CVSROOT specified!  Please use the `-d' option
cvs [rdiff aborted]: or set the CVSROOT environment variable.
ramon

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:48 am

Hi Ramón,

See docs/README-CVS in any of our releases for information on how to connect to our anonymous CVS. You'll need to use the value of the -d option specified there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby ramon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks Alec.

I tried following the commands, but it is still complaining:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@lib-pkp.lib.sfu.ca:/cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@lib-pkp.lib.sfu.ca:2401/cvs
CVS password:
/var/lib/git/cvs/ does not seem to be a valid GIT repository

/var/lib/git/cvs/ is not a valid repository

The worst thing is that I downloaded and installed a fresh OCS 2.1 (latest version) and the upgrade.php script still complains that my code is old.
Any other way to fix this?
ramon

Postby ponsfrilus » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:27 am

Same problem here. Upgrade or Patch from 2.1.2.0 (the package on the http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs_download) only update the database to 2.1.2.1 and not the code:
usr@pc:/var/www/ocs$ php tools/upgrade.php check
Code version: 2.1.2.0
Database version: 2.1.2.1
Latest version: 2.3.0.0
Database version is newer than code version!
ponsfrilus

Postby ponsfrilus » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:19 am

Well,
getting the last OCS release and making a "clean" upgrade (3. Full Package) as specified in the docs/UPGRADE fields work pretty well for me.
ponsfrilus

Return to OCS Technical Support