OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Unassigned, In Review, Accepted, Archived - Database

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Unassigned, In Review, Accepted, Archived - Database

Postby petienne » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:20 am

I didn't want to make the thread subject "status" or "submission_progress" as those things seem to mean something specific, the definitions for which lead me to understand that they are not what I'm after.

What I am looking for is how the designations of Unassigned, In Review, Accepted, or Archived are captured within the database. From what I understand "status" has a potential of a binary value which indicate that it is either archived or not. In pursuit of determining which database fields might hold values that would represent unassigned, in-review, or accepted, I've been looking at these other fields within the "papers" table: "submission_progress" and "current_stage". From a related search I've found that "current_stage" is representative of whether it is the "abstract" or "presentation" which is in review (source). The same source also indicates that "submission_progress" is where values are stored related to what step of the submission process a paper is in, however my testing has yielded the result of papers both unassigned and in-review as a submission_progress value of "0".

My question is to verify my current understanding of these various fields and also specifically to ask how one might determine through a database query whether a paper is "unassigned" or "in review".

If someone has the info on hand, a quick summary of the submission_progress field (value & meaning pairs) could be very valuable and certainly appreciated.

In general, any information or resources with the above would be a great help. I've been running reports on a few of our ocs instances lately and these seem to be reoccurring questions.

- Patrick E.
petienne

Re: Unassigned, In Review, Accepted, Archived - Database

Postby mcrider » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi Patrick,

The numbers showing up in the papers table correspond to constants defined in classes/paper/Paper.inc.php--The named constants are pretty self-explanatory so, take a look in there and that should clear things up.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Return to OCS Technical Support