OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem with Navigation Block

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: Problem with Navigation Block

Postby RickMath » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:06 pm

:D :D

Hi Alec

Thanks for your help. I think we are almost where I would like to be.

In step 2.5 I set it Require visitors to sign up. They still have access to the abstracts but not PDFs. I'd like to have them sign up to have access to abstracts but this is not high priority. I would like to make visitors at least sign up to generate a list of interested people but the trade off is exposure.

In the Conference Timeline I have the following settings checked and dates
Schedule 1/1/2010
Accepted Abstracts 1/1/2010
Accepted Papers 1/1/2010
Delay Open Access 6/30/1010

Now if I log in as a user everything seems to work OK. Authors can view their own PDFs as can other users with accounts.

This has helped greatly. Thanks for your attention. Sorry for being such a worrier. This is our first year using OCS and I get happier with every fix and advice.

I have some questions on indexing and OAI. Where do I direct these?

Again I must comment that the PKP support team is SUPER!!!!!!

Rick
RickMath

Previous

Return to OCS Technical Support