OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Adding custom variable to email template

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Adding custom variable to email template

Postby billysundar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:14 pm

We are using OCS and would like to modify the presentation accepted email to include the start and end time slot for the accepted presentation.
Are there any variables? If not, can some one point me as to the type of customization that I can do/code snippets.

Cheers
Billy. :)
billysundar

Re: Adding custom variable to email template

Postby mcrider » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Hi Billy,

This template is created in the emailDirectorDecisionComment function in classes/submission/trackDirector/TrackDirectorAction.inc.php. In there you can assign new variables to the PaperMailTemplate and reference them by editing the SUBMISSION_PAPER_ACCEPT template to include them. There are some other posts on the forum that provide more details on adding new variables to email templates.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby billysundar » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:09 pm

thanks a bunch. i will try and let you know.
billysundar

Postby billysundar » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:38 pm

I am totally new to this.. Where do I look to see if the start and endtime from the paper table is already available? (i.e, either a function/method).
billysundar

Postby mcrider » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:12 am

Hi Billy,

All of the parameters available to the email are assigned in the function I said in my last post--Look for the $email->assignParams() call.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Return to OCS Technical Support