OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

errors about header information being already sent

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

errors about header information being already sent

Postby dimasalt » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:14 pm

Hello everybody,

I just installed OCS and having a problem.
I am in lost of how to fix it.

When I am just running site everything ok beside that the pages very slow, however if i put the debug=On in the config.inc.php
I am getting errors

The errors are
Code: Select all
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /mnt/w0509/d18/s15/b02a2edd/www/ocs/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:377) in /mnt/w0509/d18/s15/b02a2edd/www/ocs/classes/session/SessionManager.inc.php on line 56

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/w0509/d18/s15/b02a2edd/www/ocs/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:377) in /mnt/w0509/d18/s15/b02a2edd/www/ocs/classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php on line 298

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mnt/w0509/d18/s15/b02a2edd/www/ocs/lib/adodb/adodb.inc.php:377) in /mnt/w0509/d18/s15/b02a2edd/www/ocs/classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php on line 301

I am lost in terms of how to fix it. My guess is also that those errors are one that cause very slow response times for a site.

Please somebody help.

Thanks in advance,
dimasalt

Re: errors about header information being already sent

Postby dimasalt » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:37 pm

I forgot to add.

The reason why i started to debug because when user getting registered and fill all the forms, the session would time out and all data from forms was getting lost.
dimasalt

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:14 pm

Hi dimasalt,

It's hard to say if those errors have anything to do with the slowness. Could you give us your OCS, PHP and MySQL version, as well as an indication on where slowdown might be happening (eg. which pages)?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby dimasalt » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:28 pm

jmacgreg,

Thanks for the reply,

Overall the slow speed is on every page. I would really appreciate any solution that can speed up the website.
http://www.hivhousingsummit.org/

for the versions of OCS, mysql, and php:
OCS : 2.1.1.2
mysql 5.0.77-log
php: 5.2.2
and OS seems to be FreeBSD

Thanks in advance.
dimasalt

Postby mcrider » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:50 am

Hi dimasalt,

The message you are seeing is harmless and can be ignored; It is caused because debug information is sent to the user before the session_start() function is called, which is a no-no (session_start() should be called before any output is made in a PHP application).

The real problem here is that forms are being timed-out--Are you seeing any useful debug output when you register? Something similar has happened to another user at this post, and it turned out to most likely be an ISP issue... Though it was a difficult problem to debug. Are there any issues you can think of regarding firewall/proxy setup or anything strange your ISP might be doing? Can you get someone perhaps from a different country to test your web site?

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Return to OCS Technical Support