OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Removing comment in step 1 of submission process.

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Removing comment in step 1 of submission process.

Postby tomphilippi » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:24 am

I am one of the system administrators of a slightly customized open conference system. I have, probably, a very simple question.

In step 1 of the submission process there is a Submission Checklist which you can edit via the website. I believe there was also a comment-box to leave comments to the director here. Nonetheless, the comment-box have been removed by another sys-ad, but he didn't remove the message that comments for the director could be left below. That is, in step 1 of the submission process it states:

"Submission Checklist

Indicate that this submission is ready to be considered by this conference by checking off the following (comments to the director can be added below)."

which I want to chance into:

"Submission Checklist

Indicate that this submission is ready to be considered by this conference by checking off the following"

I was under the impression I could edit this text under templates/presenter/submit/step1.tpl, but alas, that's not where this text is stored.

So my question is: where is the above text I want to edit stored in OCS?
tomphilippi

Re: Removing comment in step 1 of submission process.

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:31 pm

Hi tomphillipi,

All locale text is stored in the system locale files -- check locale/en_US/locale.xml for the text you want to change. (You'll also have to change the locale line for every locale you support; for example, if your conference was also in French, you'd have to edit locale/fr_CA/locale.xml as well.)

More information on locale and translation management can be found here.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support