OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Standard Reports in Reports & Stats

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Re: Standard Reports in Reports & Stats

Postby RickMath » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:58 pm

Alec

I copied the lines from both the PaperReportPlugin.inc.php and the PaperReportDAO.inc.php and pasted them into each file after I deleted the existing lines in the files.

Now I am getting this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: requirecomponents() in /home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/plugins/reports/papers/PaperReportPlugin.inc.php on line 58

Let me know on this.

Thanks

Rick
RickMath

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi Rick,

It sounds like you've used the version from the 2.3.x line of releases, not the 2.2.x line. These won't be compatible. Try using the most recent version tagged with the "ocs2-branch-2_1_1" tag.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby RickMath » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:25 am

:D

Alec

I am happy to report that the papers report is now working correctly. I used the files in the "ocs2-branch-2_1_1". All the papers and authors now align correctly.

The registrant report still has 164 rows of html with a <br> and then

<b>Notice</b>: Only variables should be assigned by reference in <b>/home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/plugins/reports/registrants/RegistrantReportDAO.inc.php</b> on line <b>87</b><br />

These rows can easily be removed and the remainder of the infomation seems correct.

Thanks for standing by on this. As always kudos to you and the PKP team.

Rick
RickMath

Postby asmecher » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Hi Rick,

The warning is harmless, but you can remove it by applying http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5127.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby RickMath » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Alec

Thanks!

Now I only get two error lines in the csv file. The error is

<b>Notice</b>: Only variables should be assigned by reference in <b>/home/marketrm/public_html/ocs/plugins/reports/registrants/RegistrantReportPlugin.inc.php</b> on line <b>85</b><br />

Is there a patch for this?

Rick
RickMath

Postby RickMath » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:32 pm

Alec

Tonight the link http://pkp.sfu.ca/cvs/cvsweb.cgi is not working. Has it been discontinued. I have another problem with the paypal and registration area that I would like to resolve. Sorry to confuse these posts. Let me know it I need to post a new thread.

Rick
RickMath

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:28 am

Hi Rick,

We're just migrating from CVS to GIT for source code management. The cvsweb interface should be up again, and will remain as a read-only resource. In the future, we'll be linking to the git interface instead.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby RickMath » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:22 pm

Today I was able to get to the CVS files.
RickMath

Postby albertosa » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:49 am

Hello!

I need some help on this issue: I want to give a printed copy of all abstracts submitted to the section coordinators. I'm using the copy/paste procedure for now to make a .doc file, but maybe I'll get faster results with the OCS report tool.

I tried to generate the report.cvs but it is a mess. I applied the patches against OCS 2.1.2.1 but I stil can't get a readable file.

I use Excel and Notepad++ to open the .cvs file but it seems the information generated is spread without any order.

Please, I'm asking for some guidance, I have almost 2.000 abstracts to run out...

best regards,
alberto sá
albertosa

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi Alberto,

It may be that you don't have Excel set to properly separate the values. Does it look like the information is actually in the file, and separated by commas? You may have to manually set Excel to separate data for that file by commas.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Previous

Return to OCS Technical Support