OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

DB Error null "currency_code_alpha"

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

DB Error null "currency_code_alpha"

Postby swj » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:24 pm

Can someone please give suggestions on how to fix the 'Create New Registration Option'' in the current stable version (clean install)?

from '.../manager/createRegistrationOption' I click save and then receive the following error from this page, '.../manager/updateRegistrationOption'...

OCS: DB Error: Field 'currency_code_alpha' doesn't have a default value

OCS Version installed: 2.1.2 Current Release (July 19, 2009)

Thanks!
swj

Re: DB Error null "currency_code_alpha"

Postby mcrider » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi swj,

Could you turn on the show_stacktrace and ddebug options in config.inc.php and get back to us with the resulting output after trying to do this again?

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby swj » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi Matt, thanks for the reply.

I turned (On) show_stacktrace and the two debug options in config.inc.php. Every page displayed information except this page (.../manager/updateRegistrationOption)

Its a white page with the following error:

'OCS: DB Error: Field 'currency_code_alpha' doesn't have a default value'

I tried it from the server and from my laptop

The same behavior exists on versions 2.1.2.0 and 2.1.2.1

Any other suggestions?
swj

Postby asmecher » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:52 am

Hi swj,

Remove the currency_code_alpha column from the registration_options table; it's not used and is causing this problem. (This is part of bug 4494 at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4494.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby swj » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:22 am

Thanks! I am now able to create registration options.

One other thing, the total is correct when selecting options; however, the invoice (paypal) does not list the names of the options that were added. Is this a bug as well?

thanks again!
swj

Postby asmecher » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:06 am

Hi swj,

That's currently by design, but you could certainly file a Bugzilla feature request to add more details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support