OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Location of information in the OCS MySQL database

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Location of information in the OCS MySQL database

Postby RickMath » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:28 pm

Hi PKP Support

I am trying to transfer information from the OCS database to a local Access database to generate some reports.

What I am trying to do is generate queries for aothors and paper titles and abstracts.

I have exported the users table and the papers table and worked with these. I cannot find where the titles and abstracts are stored to link them to the paper id and the author id.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I have phpMyAdmin access to our database.

Thanks for your response.

Rick
RickMath

Re: Location of information in the OCS MySQL database

Postby jamief » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:30 am

Hi. One method (beyond just telling you where they are! - which I don't remember at the moment) is to make an mySQL dump of your dbase. Using a text editor like word or phpedit, you can use a search on a abstract string of the file, in there you will see the insert command, and thus, know which tables and fields contents are being stored.
jamief

Re: Location of information in the OCS MySQL database

Postby RickMath » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:58 am

:D Ah ha!

After searching around, I finally found them. They are in the paper_settings table.

Thanks for being patient with me. Guess I missed checking that table the first time around.

Rick
RickMath

Return to OCS Technical Support