What I mean is that the current view (grouped by theme) is less useful (IMO) than a chronological view.
Probably the EASIEST solution is this:
1. Display your timeline according to the OCS template.
2. Copy and paste it into a Text document (word, notebook whatever)
3. Copy and paste line by line according to date, each entry into a new HTML page on your site.
4. Publish this page as a static html page.
the OCS version of the timeline (in the configuration)
6. Create a menu link to the new html version of the timeline.
Usually the dates do not change in a conference, especially if they have been previously published. If you have to add an update (for example extending the time limit for receiving final papers) then you do that on this page, which permits you to add things the OCS timeline does not, so its more useful.