OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Abstract submission file?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Abstract submission file?

Postby zdenko » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:55 am

On our OCS setup (ver. 2.1.2.0) we have selected “Abstract followed by presentation” submission mode. This seems to work fine except that abstract cannot be submitted as file, only text box input (separate for title and abstract) is available. It is possible only to submit supplementary file. When submission is finished under “Original file” it says: “None”.
What is the problem? How we can enable file submission for the abstract?
BTW, this is our first time using OCS.
Tnx.
zdenko

Re: Abstract submission file?

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:18 pm

Hi zdenko,

This has come up before: see viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4689&start=0 for a detailed conversation, including some workarounds. I've posted this as a feature request: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4614. Please feel free to CC yourself to that report.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby zdenko » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi James,
Tnx for your reply. I have seen topic you are referring before, but it seemed to me related only to double abstract...
Now I see that there is no way to directly submit abstract file.
You are right, supplementary file might be solution for the moment if someone's abstract is not fitting text box input.
Best,
Zdenko
zdenko

Postby milligen » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:25 am

Just to say that I would be very interested in this feature (Abstract followed by Submission, and both Abstract and Submission in pdf format). When is this expected to be available? I note there is no page on the PKP site giving a list of features added in each version (at least, I didn't see it). May I suggest you put up - that would help when deciding to upgrade or not. Thanks for the excellent work.
milligen

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:28 pm

Hi Milligen,

This feature request was entered against 2.3, but it'll most likely be deferred to 2.3.1. Please feel free to CC yourself to the report though for future updates!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support