OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Payment

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Payment

Postby jensbruunkofoed » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:36 am

We have just installed OCS as part of our website and having set up a conference, we wondered whether we could use a different solution than Paypal for payment. We already use ePay on a different subdomain and would like to hear whether someone has made a plugin we could use? Otherwise our programmer has promised to take a look at it, but since he doesn't know much about the system, he would like to know which files to look at. Could someone help us out identifying them?

Best,
Jens Bruun Kofoed
http://konference.dbi.edu
jensbruunkofoed

Re: Payment

Postby jalperin » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:25 am

Jens Bruun Kofoed,

OJS/OCS were setup to be able to use any payment gateway. PayPal was programmed by us to provide an example and there have certainly been a few others setup and used. In the Plugin Gallery, for example, you can find a Moneris Plugin for OCS. I would suggest that your programmer look at these two and use whichever one most resembles the way ePay works as a model.

PayPal works with a payment notification (where you post something to PayPal and they later (normally almost instantly) post something back to you, whereas Moneris works with an API that responds instantly. Another way of saying this is that PayPal has an Asynchronous payment validation while Moneris uses Synchronous validation.

Hope that makes sense and helps!
jalperin

Postby jensbruunkofoed » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:50 pm

Absolutely! And thanks! I'll let our programmer know!

Best,
Jens
jensbruunkofoed

Postby jensbruunkofoed » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:21 am

Yes, there actually is. Our programmer has modified the Paypall script and our OCS can now process payments using ePay. There a number of remaining issues, however. One of them probably apply to the Paypall script as well. If the "customer" chooses to abort the payment process, he or she will be registered for the conference by OCS, but will receive no confirmation of that registration. Another problem is that a number of "customers" forget to go back to the conference registration page when they have finished the payment process and therefore get no confirmation whether the registration has been successful. I will discuss these problems with our programmer and ask whether this can be solved without too much programming. But that's how far we have got so far!
jensbruunkofoed

Postby tshore » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi Jens:

Are you able to share your ePay plugin? I don't see that there are any payment plugins in the payment gallery that are written for the latest version of OCS.

Thank You,

Trudy Shore
tshore

Postby jensbruunkofoed » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:00 pm

I'll contact our programmer tomorrow and ask him. Shouldn't be a problem.
Best,
Jens
jensbruunkofoed

Postby jensbruunkofoed » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:12 am

Here it is! I promised to inform you that the ePay module is not 100% generic, since certain ePay options are not made visible since OCS didn't need them. As far as I understood it is built on the PayPal module and I think our programmer actually came across some bugs in it. They should be corrected.

As I wrote in an earlier reply, there are still some minor issues we would like to look at, but all in all the module is functional.

Best,
Jens
Attachments
epay.zip
Payment module for integration of ePay with OCS (based on PayPal module)
(13.66 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
jensbruunkofoed

Postby vijeshr » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:25 am

Dear Jens,
Could you please help me getting an plugin from your programmer to integrate the PG: www.transecute.com for INR.

Regds,
vijeshr

Postby jensbruunkofoed » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:48 am

I know our programmer is very busy working on a EU-project and if you need his assistance, he will probably not do it for free. If you are still interested please send me an off-list e-mail (jbk at dbi.edu) and I'll provide you with his e-mail address.

Best,
Jens
jensbruunkofoed

Return to OCS Technical Support