OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem with track directors and already submitted papers

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Problem with track directors and already submitted papers

Postby cristiangb » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:48 am

Hi! maybe someone help us...
In the middle of the conference (abstract submmit part), we change rol of some users (already created) to Track Director. The problem is that these (new) Track Directors do not have allowed access to see,edit, etc. already submitted papers in their sessions.
Maybe some bug? I think that the system filter by date or something...
Thanks for your assitance.

Cristian
cristiangb

Re: Problem with track directors and already submitted papers

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:09 am

Hi Cristian,

You most likely have to explicitly assign already-submitted presentations to the Track Directors; although any new submissions will be assigned to them, old submissions will not be automatically assigned.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby cristiangb » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:28 pm

jmacgreg wrote:Hi Cristian,

You most likely have to explicitly assign already-submitted presentations to the Track Directors

How i could do that?

Another question: How move one submission(abstract) from one track to another (out of scope articles for example)

Thanks James!!
cristiangb

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:37 am

Hi Cristian,

You can assign submissions to Track Directors from the submission's Summary page -- it's the first block there. You can assign to yourself, or assign to others -- but of course to assign to others they actually have to be enrolled as Track Directors or Directors.

Likewise, you should see a Track selection option from the submission Summary page -- just pick the proper track from the pulldown menu and save your options.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby nohagheith » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:58 am

What if the submission is already in review (not unassigned). The submission is assigned to a track and has the old track director. Then I added a new track director to the track (who cannot see any of the old submissions) and I cannot edit anything in the submission summary page (the block for adding self/adding others is no longer there as it is already assigned to a track. How do I enable the new track director to have access to the old papers.
nohagheith

Postby nohagheith » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:08 am

I found a solution so I thought I'd post it
You can go to the database. Go to table edit_assignments and manually insert a new row. In the row only enter paper_id and director_id
nohagheith

Return to OCS Technical Support