OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Installation problem in windows

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Installation problem in windows

Postby guestuser » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:21 am

I have found you OCS system very useful, however, I am have problems in setting up the site.

1. The cookies don't seem to set properly.
2. Many file not found errors are seen when loading index.php etc.
3. Cannot login as admin to set up the site.

I have been reading some previous posts, and notice that many others also have similar problems. Please post specific instructions (if any) for windows users, specially on how to resolve these problems.

Thanks
guestuser

Installation on Windows server

Postby CNG » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:48 pm

Hi -
Just curious if you had any luck with the installation on your windows server.

Thanks,
CN
CNG

Re: Installation problem in windows

Postby dionphp » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 am

Wow the install of php script usually takes me 5 minutes. Here it is taking forever reading the board and eventually having something that opens but no login. I am having an issue with admin login also. I have installed in three different locations, each time with a new db. I see two login screens (enter password and user name box) after installing, one on the left and one on the right. I get invalid user name or password each time. I was able to login once before but when I went back I could not login. Is there supposed to be two login screens.

BTW cookies are set.
dionphp

Re: Installation problem in windows

Postby asmecher » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:05 am

Hi dionphp,

On the login page, there is usually a login form on the main pane of the screen and another on the right-hand side bar. I see you've posted about your login problem elsewhere on the forum; please continue that discussion there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support