OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Problem showing header

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Problem showing header

Postby Kirsten Suhr » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:22 am

Hi problem solver

We have several conference running, some test others IRL at http://conference.cbs.dk/
On my test one EIBA, I keep having this message comming up on http://conference.cbs.dk/index.php/eiba ... er/setup/3

"Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 45 of 182 bytes in /www/ocs-2.1.0-1/classes/db/DAO.inc.php on line 283

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/ocs-2.1.0-1/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:283) in /www/ocs-2.1.0-1/classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php on line 292

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/ocs-2.1.0-1/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:283) in /www/ocs-2.1.0-1/classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php on line 295"

I do not have this problem on any of the other conferences. We have created our own style sheet CBS.CSC, and have changed most of the 100% in to pixels in order to get a decent design.

We are using OCS 2.1.0.1

And where can I get to know something about the new version, what dose it do more than teh one we have now.

All the best from Coenhagen dressed in fall

Kirsten
Kirsten Suhr

Re: Problem showing header

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi Kirsten,

If you download the most recent version of OCS (2.1.1) you can see the list of changes from the last version in docs/ChangeLog.

With regards to your problem -- can you clear your template and data caches and try to go through the setup process again? Even if you get the error but can still otherwise save the pages, try saving them and returning. Let me know if this clears the error or not, and we can continue troubleshooting.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Kirsten Suhr » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:46 am

I have tried to to follow your directions.

I work most in Firefox, this is where the page is frezing completley and I am not abel to do anything. Just to try I logged in in explorer and was abel to scroll down and change the picture in the header, saved and cleared all template and data cashes.

Unfortunatley I still get the same

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 45 of 182 bytes in /www/ocs-2.1.0-1/classes/db/DAO.inc.php on line 283

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/ocs-2.1.0-1/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:283) in /www/ocs-2.1.0-1/classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php on line 292

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/ocs-2.1.0-1/classes/db/DAO.inc.php:283) in /www/ocs-2.1.0-1/classes/template/TemplateManager.inc.php on line 295

This is not critical since it can only be seen from the website management Step 3, but still rather strange.

Best,
Kirsten
Kirsten Suhr

Postby mcrider » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:52 am

Hi Kirsten,

FYI, the error also appears in your 'about this conference page'. I suspect you either have a corrupted entry in your database, or something is interfering with your database calls. Could you send me the output of phpinfo(), or in particular check to see if magic_quotes is enabled in php? Disabling it might solve the problem. Also, have you upgraded from a previous version of OCS?

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby asmecher » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:48 am

Hi all,

I suspect this is caused by a PHP upgrade, which has changed the format of serialized entries in the database. Kirsten, if you check and save your settings on Setup page 3, does the problem go away?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support