OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Article dissapeared from author's page

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Article dissapeared from author's page

Postby mendesrocha » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:57 am

Hello!

We are working with OCS 2.1.0.1. We are just in the middle of the evaluation process of the articles submited to our conference, and we faced a problem.

We have an author that submitted two articles. We can find this article in the system when I am log in as a Director, but when I login as the author I can not find anymore the article in the Author's page.

This is happening with both articles that this author submitted.

What could have caused this problem?
Can we solve this?

Thank you a lot,
Renato
mendesrocha

Re: Article dissapeared from author's page

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:52 pm

Hi Renato,

A few questions: Has anyone committed any actions on the submissions in question (either directors or authors)? In which Director's queue do the articles appear in? Do the submissions appear in the author's archive (this page is available as a sub-page from the Author's Active Submissions listing)? And finally, is it just for the one author, or does this behaviour replicate across the board?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mendesrocha » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:25 pm

Hello James:

Thank you for your attention. Answering your questions:

Has anyone committed any actions on the submissions in question (either directors or authors)?

One of the articles were already approved and the other one is still on evaluation.

In which Director's queue do the articles appear in?

One of them appears on "In Review" queue and the other one in the "Presentations"

Do the submissions appear in the author's archive (this page is available as a sub-page from the Author's Active Submissions listing)?

No, the article does not appear in the author's archive. That is the point. The article is still on the OCS, it is related with the author's name, but it does not appear on this article's archive.

And finally, is it just for the one author, or does this behaviour replicate across the board?

For now, it is the only case we know, and I do think that it is just the this author
mendesrocha

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:35 pm

Hi Renato,

I haven't heard of this kind of issue before. Is there any way you could give me temporary Conference Manager access to your site? If you can, please PM or email (jmacgreg at gmail dot com) credentials to me. If not, we can try debugging further.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mendesrocha » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:40 am

Hello James,

I sent the information to your gmail.

Renato
mendesrocha

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:26 pm

Hi Renato,

It looks like the author's account no longer has an Author role -- you will need to re-enroll the user as an author, at which point the submissions should turn up fine. This may be due to the user actually having two accounts: I notice that if you look for an author with the first name 'alda', two accounts show up -- both with identical names and similar (but different!) email addresses. You may actually be best served by merging these two accounts, but you should first ensure which email address is correct, and that both users are in fact the same person.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mendesrocha » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:37 am

Hello James:

Thank you for you attention.

I merged the "polaca" with "alda" and the problem was solved.

Thank you again!

Best wishes,
Renato
mendesrocha

Return to OCS Technical Support