OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Points in the time list add

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Points in the time list add

Postby unknow1212 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:11 am

Hi,
I want to create a conference, but i have Problems whit the timeline.
I like to change date´s greeting evening, society evening, Participant registration,On-line participant registration.
But i don´t know where?! It isn´t on conference timeline possible.
Can someone tell me where I can change these attitudes or where i can add additional date´s at timeline?
thx for help
unknow1212

Re: Points in the time list add

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:39 am

Hi unknow1212,

Are these events you are referring to possibly listed as Special Events? You can edit Special Event times and locations by logging in as a Conference Manager, and from your User Home clicking on Scheduler. From there you'll find a link to go to Special Events. Simply click on the Edit link next to an event title to edit its details.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby unknow1212 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:21 am

I am logged in as administrator. Now under current conferences the conference timeline. Is it right?
But there is no link for spezial events?!
thx for help
unknow1212

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi unknow1212,

You have to be looking at the Conference Management page; under your scheduled conference, you should see a link titled "Scheduler" -- it's in there.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby unknow1212 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:59 am

Hi
If i am at schedule conference there is only the link litled "create a scheduled conference" and a can edit or delete conference. If you mean this?
There is no names link "Scheduler" and nothing to create new dates for the conference timeline.
But i want to write some new dates like greeting evening, society evening, Participant registration,On-line participant registration on the conference timeline.
thx for help
unknow1212

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:53 am

Hi unknow1212,

When you create a scheduled conference, you will want to a) set the timeline, and b) create any special events that might be taking place. The timeline is specifically meant for larger-scale conference events, that have an effect on when access to certain aspects of the system is granted: the conference live date, when users can register, submission timelines, etc. The Scheduler is meant to schedule presentations -- and create special events like a greeting evening -- that will then be viewable on the conference's Schedule of Events.

So first of all, of the things you've listed below, you will have to go to the Timeline page and set when participant registration is open and closed; then you will have to go to your Scheduler page and set when your greeting and society evenings are -- you would create those as special events. When you start accepting submissions for the conference, you can assign them presentation times with the scheduler as well.

Please note, that you will only see these options after you create a scheduled conference.

You may find the following document, OCS in an Hour, useful: http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/OCSinanHour.pdf

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby unknow1212 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:12 am

Hi,
the conderence is create as an scheduled conference.
Now i am at the conference timeline page, but there is only author registration (open at 01.09.2008). Do you mean this if you write "participant registration"?
Because this date does not agree with the date normal user see. On that page is the participant registration possible at 10.10.2007!
At the timeline that normal users see are 3 date´s that a do not can change at conference timeline: Participant registration,On-line participant registration,Early payer discount
Someone provided for me the side already and I takes it over only and he do not know where these date´s come.
thx for help
unknow1212

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:21 am

Hi unknow1212,

No worries -- we'll make sure you have the system figured out.

The participant registration dates are set in a different area altogether. The conference manager can create different registration types (in your case, Participant registration, On-line participant registration, Early payer discount), and for each type can control the access date, cost, type of access, and other options.

To find and edit your registration types, log in as a Conference Manager; and from the Conference Management User Home, click the Registrations link. You will then see a list of registered users, and a subheading called Registration Types. Click that subheading, and you will see your list of registration types (Participant registration, On-line participant registration, Early payer discount). You can click the Edit button next to any of these and edit the access dates, among other things.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby unknow1212 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:29 am

Hi,
I already edit my registration types but all of this date do not agree whit the date of the timeline and it is not possieble to register as an participant.
If i change the dates at the registration types the dates in the timeline are the same like before.
thx for help
unknow1212

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:48 pm

Hi unknow1212,

Would you be able to provide me with links to the conference timeline pages in particular? If it's a private site, you can PM me the links, or upload screenshots. It would be much more helfpul if I could see the pages with explanations of which dates you want to changes.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby unknow1212 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:14 am

Hi,
At this time I work with test instance on a password saved server. I upload an side with the same timeline attitudes.
The link is http://www.teap.de/index.php/teap2009/j ... f/timeline
It´s in german. I want to change the date "Begrüßungsabend"(greeting evening),"Gesellschaftsabend"(society evening),"Teilnehmerregistrierung ab"(Participant registration),"Frühzahlerrabatt bis"(Early payer discount) and "Online-Teilnehmerregistrierung bis"(On-line participant registration). This date´s i can not change, so nobody can register, because the participant registration is not possible.
I hope it help.
unknow1212

Postby unknow1212 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:41 am

Hi,
Could you help me James, because I do not know how I change this date´s.
I do not have so much time till the homepage must be online.
thx for help
unknow1212

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:28 am

Hi unknow1212,

Could you take a look at the following file in your OCS directory: templates/manager/timelineView.tpl, and tell me if any of those dates are hard-coded or not? I noticed that you are using an older version of OCS (2.0 rather than 2.1), and the scheduler was not in that one. Let me know if any of those dates were hard-coded, and we can go from there.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby unknow1212 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:59 am

Hi,
I change the date´s in the PHP srcipt. The problem is that new user´s can not go on the "Conference Fees" Site (OCSinanHour on page 78).
How can I activate the side? It is very important
thx for help
unknow1212

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:58 am

Hi unknow1212,

You may have to enable payments -- if you log in as Conference Manager, click on the Payment Methods link from your Conference Management page. You will also have to ensure that your registration types are open for registration. To do that, you have to click the Registration link, click the Registration Types link, and then check each registration type for your conference by clicking the Edit button beside it. Each registration type has two dates -- and open and a closed for registration date. Make sure the dates are reasonable, and your users should be able to register.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support