OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Removing index.php

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Removing index.php

Postby spacedman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:37 am

I'm trying to tidy up our URLs for our OCS deployment by removing the index.php word. There's some things on the OJS forum about this but no definitive answer. And I can't get them to work with my OCS...

Setup is: OCS 2.1.0-1 living in /var/www/ocs-2.1.0-1/ ; Apache 2; Ubuntu 8.04.

Apache is configured with /var/www/ocs-2.1.0-1 as its DocumentRoot, so that a URI of / gets the index.php, as does /index.php. Everything works fine, except the omnipresent index.php. So step one is the rewrite module...

For the Foo series of conferences (The '08 instance of which is being held in Bar), I simply want to have URLs as follows:

http://www.example.com/Foo/Bar08

I've tried all sorts of apache rewrite stuff gleaned from OJS threads but nothing seems to work right. There was also mention of a patch to cookie handling in one thread which might have been necessary. Does anyone have a simple recipe for making this work? Seems a common use-case. I'd post my apache config file but it doesn't work and would only confuse people at the moment....

Step two would be setting base_url[Foo] in the OCS config, but that's something I suspect I need to do when I've got the rewrite working.

I've got apache2's RewriteMod configured and working (I know this because in my fiddlings I've created rewrite loops). I probably need to very carefully read the documentation. But that session cookie problem nags at me, and if someone else has cracked this... Pleeeeeease!!

Thanks

Barry
spacedman

Return to OCS Technical Support