OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

help whit ocs 1.7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

help whit ocs 1.7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby funkfarron1 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:38 am

Hi!
I from argentine so my english is not very cute :D

I have the next problem:
When a user choose to Submit a New Abstract or Paper (the plataform is seting by "b) Submit full paper with abstract > Review > Post paper with abstract")the plataform give the user and pass to post de paper. When the user is logged in the system to edit an abstract or paper and click to the name of work to make the change the plataform shows the message "Requested paper not found"

This is terrible cos nobody can upload the work and the finish time to upload the works is in two days!!!

Please is anybody that can say to me anithing to fix this problem???

Cristian
funkfarron1

Re: help whit ocs 1.7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:02 am

Hi Cristian,

We don't support pre-2.0 versions of our software fully, and my first recommendation would be to upgrade when you have the chance. However, I understand that problems crop up and you can't upgrade just before an important deadline.

I did a quick search, and came up with the following bug report, which includes a solution: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1177.

Can you give that a shot and let us know if this solves your problem?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: help whit ocs 1.7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby funkfarron1 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:46 pm

Hi, thanks for your support!!!
The help you bringin to me don´t fix the problem.
Yesterday i change to another server whit UBUNTU 8.4 and now the OCS work perfect!
After this desicion i were using a Centos Server 5. something. I guest it´s kind a problem of security that the server has.

Thanks for your coaboration.

Cristian
funkfarron1

Return to OCS Technical Support