OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Section Directors get a useless submissionsInReview page.

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Section Directors get a useless submissionsInReview page.

Postby mbria » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:09 am

Hi all,

We just started our first OCS revission process and we noticed a bug, or a missconfiguration issue, or just something that works in a different way we expected.

When Section Director visit "/trackDirector/index/submissionsInReview" the summary shown is useless as far as no information is shown (a simple "-" appears for every article).

The funny part is that the global Director could see a nice summary at "/director/submissions/submissionsInReview".

Is this an issue or just the way it needs to work?

I did not see any bug or post related with this issue.

Thanks a lot for your help,

m.
Last edited by mbria on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mbria

Re: Section Directors get a ueless submissionsInReview page.

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:06 am

Hi M.,

I think Alec caught your post, or otherwise recognized this issue, and has posted a bugfix here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3699.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mbria » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:21 pm

Thanks James to point it.

Is there any patch against version 2.0.0.0?

The organization I belong is now in the reviewing process and upgrading is not a choice. :-)

If not, never mind... Alec's changes look quite clear.

Cheers,

m.
Last edited by mbria on Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mbria

Postby mbria » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:13 pm

> If not, never mind... Alec's changes look quite clear.

First I tried to reproduce Alec's changes "by hand" (I thought he only introduced some var inicialitzation) but I didn't manage to make them work in my submissionsInReview.tpl version 1.6. :-(

Then I tried to create a patch against my OCS 2.0.0.0 from your cvs, but I can create a single patch that is not rejected... :oops:

Then I noticed I was patching my /template/directors version instead of /template/trackDirector. :oops: :oops:

Time to quote Einstein: " Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former."
Although a quote about arrogance could be also appropriate. :-)

Finally I stop, I thought a little and I overwrite my /templates/trackdirector/submissionsInReview.tpl (v. 1.6) with Alec's 1.9 brand new version:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/cvs/cvsweb.cgi/~check ... Fplain;f=h

And it worked like a charm.

Sorry for the annoyance and thanks a lot for your help,

m. (Marc)
mbria

Re: Section Directors get a useless submissionsInReview page.

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:31 am

Hi Marc,

Good to hear it's working! For what it's worth, I make mistakes like the one you outlined just about every day of the week -- part of the learning process. :D

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support