OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: import()

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: import()

Postby dcab » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:28 am

Hi guys,

I badly need help. This is the first time I'm installing the OCS on our server.

Here's my problem, whenever I try to activate the Paypal plugin, the Firefox browser throws me the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: import() in /home/admin/public_html/plugins/paymethod/paypal/PayPalPlugin.inc.php on line 16

Here's my server details which are well above the minimum installation requirements: Apache version 1.3.37 (Unix), PHP 4.4.3, and MySQL 4.1.22-standard.

HELP!!! I have to get the payment plugin immediately or else my boss will ____ me!

:?
dcab

Re: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: import()

Postby asmecher » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:23 am

Hi dcab,

Are you trying to invoke PayPal's index.php wrapper directly, i.e. by requesting plugins/paymethod/paypal/index.php directly?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby dcab » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:48 am

Yes I am. Is that the right way?

By the way, I tried this route because when I logged in as site admin or conference manager, I could only view the next quoted paragraph without any means of configuring the Paypal plugin. That was when I tried to requesting Paypal plugin directly.

Payment Plugins

Payment Method plugins implement support for various ways of processing payments online.
- Paypal: The PayPal Plugin enables users, whether or not they are PayPal members, to use all major credit cards, as well as eChecks, when paying through the system. The Conference Manager will need to set up a PayPal Business Account to use this payment option.
- Manual Payment: The Journal or Conference Manager will record receipt of a user's payment.

Please help as I've been going around circles in the site admin/conference manager pages :(
dcab

Postby asmecher » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:52 am

Hi dcab,

Try the "Payment Methods" link under Conference Management. The plugins aren't meant to be invoked directly; they're called in when necessary from other parts of the system.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby dcab » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:36 pm

Hi ALec,

Thanks for the advise. I was actually able to activate Paypal yesterday. I realized that I had to create an instance in the conference first before I can activate the said plugin, you are right, under Payment Methods which falls under "Registration".

Thank you so much for your help. I hope you will not get tired answering my posts as I can expect more surprises ahead which need support of helpful guys like you. :)

Regards,

dcab
dcab

Return to OCS Technical Support