OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Roles problem

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Roles problem

Postby makos » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:40 pm

Hello,

I've set up a conference in my local server and when I try to assign a role to a new user, the system only allow me to choose between "no role/without role" (I don't know the exact english value because I've a Spanish version of locale.xml) or "Conference Manager"; I've been trying a little and I've found that I can change the role to "Director" when the user is registered and assinged as "Conference Manager" but I think that something is wrong, what??? :(

Thanks,

Marcos
makos

Re: Roles problem

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:17 am

Hi Marcos,

Have you scheduled a conference yet? When you schedule a conference, you will then be able to create authors, reviewers, etc. against that scheduled conference instance. You will also be able to modify your conference timeline to allow authors and reviewers to self-register.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby makos » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi James,

Yes I've scheduled a Conference; here you can see what options I can take:

I try to create user through the "Create user" option of the Conference manager menu.
The url of that page is that:
http://localhost/ocs2/index.php?confere ... createUser
So you can see the server parameters.

I'm a bit push for time
Thanks.

PD:Sorry about the Spanish text in the image but I haven't find the english locale.xml :oops:

Marcos
makos

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi Marcos,

No worries about the Spanish -- I can normally figure out what's going on. :)

There has been some discussion already about enrolling users as authors -- you can view one solution here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2571

In a nutshell, it's easier to click the "Authors" link under the scheduled conference name in the Conference Manager's User Home page; and then click "Create New User", than it is to create and enroll a user from any other page.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby makos » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi James,

I've seen the solution and it could solve my problema but I've noticed that maybe I've another problem.
I think that the aim of the system is that the users could register as...(whichever role they want, author, director, reader...) during their registering phase, doesn't it?
Then I've ckecked the "Ocs in an hour" and when a author want registering, there is a proposal subimision and call for papers option in the main menu of the conference to make that, then I've gone to my conference and I've seen that both options aren't there. You can see the image:

Also, I've thought that the problem was in the calendar dates, then I've changed some dates, but the result was the same, you can se the calendar:

By the way, Have you see this discussion: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2393??? :cry:

Lots and lots of thanks again.

Marcos
makos

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi Marcos,

To add the Call For Papers to the Conference Information list, you have to make sure that the date in the Conference TImeline is open -- right now, looking at your screenshot, it's set to open on June 30th. Same with Submissions Accepted (Trabajos Aceptados).

And I asked one of our developers more proficient in backend/email stuff to take a look at that other post -- any answer I'd give in that regard would just result in confusion. :D But please let me know if it hasn't been answered by the end of today.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby makos » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:05 pm

Hi James,

I only want saying that I've already solved that problem by changing the dates.

Lots of thanks
makos

Return to OCS Technical Support