OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

(RESOLVED) Login into OCS in another (Turkish) language...

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

(RESOLVED) Login into OCS in another (Turkish) language...

Postby indy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:11 pm

Hello All,
I have been working on translating (at least) some part of OCS into Turkish and I may have done something wrong (may be not complete) and I connot login to the site using any account (including the admin account) when the site language is in Turkish. I am able to login in English. I have created a new user account after I installed the Turklish files and selected the option boxes at the bottom of the user add form about the different languages including the Turkish but even with those checkboxes selected I CANNOT login to the site.
Is there any place that I should look carefully? Any place you can point me that I might have done wrong /forgotten changing? I appreciate your answers...
Thanks,
Cengiz
Last edited by indy on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
indy

Re: Login into OCS in another language...

Postby asmecher » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi Cengiz,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10191#p10191 for more information on this issue. I suspect it's a PHP/Turkish bug.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Login into OCS in another language...

Postby indy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:13 pm

Hi Alec,
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it! By the way I am using OCS 2.1.0.1. I am going to test what was said in the thread you have pointed. However, I think my problem is different such that I don't get any error messages. I try to log in using the admin account while the Turkish lang is selected in the language combo and OCS just reloads the login page without any error messages!
While writing this message I wanted to check another language and installed German language support (provided with the OCS package) and it logs me in without any problem!
By the way is there a translation plugin for OCS like there is one in OJS?
And finally, before you ask I WILL submit the translated locale files [tr_TR] once we finish the work... :-)
cengiz
indy

Re: Login into OCS in another (Turkish) language...

Postby asmecher » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:39 am

Hi Cengiz,

I think the particular post linked will help with the Turkish problem -- but give it a try and let me know.

Yes, there's a translation plugin included with OCS 2.1.0; check the Journal Manager's "System Plugins" page. Make sure your file permissions are set so that the web server user can modify all the locale files before you do.

Glad to hear we might be able to add a Turkish translation for OCS! It's good for translation updates, but to create translations of the bigger locale files in the first place, it might be best to use a text editor. A web interface can be cumbersome for large amounts of translation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Re: Login into OCS in another (Turkish) language...

Postby indy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:26 pm

Hi Alec,
First of all right now it is working after I commented out the lines you have suggested in the file classes/i18n/Locale.inc.php. Thanks for the help.
However, it is strange that those lines look like they're for systems that have PHP < 4.3.0 (I don't know much about PHP) while my system has the following versions:

OS platform Linux
PHP version 4.3.9
Apache version Apache/2.0.52 (Scientific Linux)
Database driver mysql
Database server version 4.1.20

Any comment on this? This is my test server and the actual installation will be on another computer in a hosting company.

For the translation plugin, yes I found it after you pointed the right direction. thanks. Yes I do much of the ranslation work using a text editor. The reason I asked for the plugin was that I thought I maight have misplaced a locale file or something and hoped that the plug in would have helped me out! Anyway right now it seems it works!

Thanks a lot,
Cheers,
Cengiz (going back to Greece vs. Rusia soccer game!)
indy

Re: (RESOLVED) Login into OCS in another (Turkish) language...

Postby asmecher » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:33 pm

Hi Cengiz,

Actually, the outer call to setlocale is the one that causes the problem. The inner ones are for older PHP versions. Anyway, it seems to be a problem only for Turkish so far, so I suspect it's an odd PHP localization bug, but we'll keep an eye out for similar problems and see.

Enjoy the game!

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support