OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCS 2.1 Install Error

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

OCS 2.1 Install Error

Postby thiessenp » Fri May 30, 2008 7:54 am

Hi,

I gave the OCS 2.1 Install a try this morning, and received the following error:

* A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry '??_???-zh_TW' for key 1

I ran the installation through the UI, and pre-created a new database with full privileges for the DB user.

Thanks,
-Peter
thiessenp

Re: OCS 2.1 Install Error

Postby mendesrocha » Sat May 31, 2008 9:34 pm

Hello Peter,

I am having the same problem.

I installed the OCS in three different linux-based servers. In the first one I found the db duplicate entry error. In the other two the OCS is running well. But, the other two servers are non-comercial servers, and I will cannot use them for the purpose I want. So I am trying to find out differences between the servers configuration, mainly in the php.ini file, to discover what in the first server configuration is incompatible with the OCS/OJS softwares.

You can follow these topic

1. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3159
2. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2885

And read what the guys from PKP have already written about our problem.

Regards,
Renato
mendesrocha

Postby asmecher » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:47 am

Hi all,

Renato, those threads may all have a common error message, but the causes are different.

In this case, it could be a couple of things:
  • Is this a fresh database, or has a failed install already been attempted? If an install process was attempted but a problem was encountered, the best approach is to remove the database (or all tables in it) entirely. Otherwise you'll run into duplicate messages like this.
  • Alternately, try selecting only one locale to install during the installation process. I've encountered typos in locale files that can cause problems like this (although obviously one should not encounter this in an official release). If this fixes the problem, please let me know here so I can find the problem.
Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby mendesrocha » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:07 am

Hi Alec,

In this case, it could be a couple of things:

* Is this a fresh database, or has a failed install already been attempted? If an install process was attempted but a problem was encountered, the best approach is to remove the database (or all tables in it) entirely. Otherwise you'll run into duplicate messages like this.

Yes, we used a fresh database. While I have installed many times the OCS, I always droped the tables before running the install script.

* Alternately, try selecting only one locale to install during the installation process. I've encountered typos in locale files that can cause problems like this (although obviously one should not encounter this in an official release). If this fixes the problem, please let me know here so I can find the problem.

Indeed I used at least 2 or 3 locales in the installation. I will try another install using only one locale. Lets see how it will work.

Thanks again for your attention,
Renato
mendesrocha

Postby thiessenp » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:27 am

Hi Alec,

I tried (UI) deleting and recreating the database schema, and not selecting any additional locales and received the error:

A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry 'PASSWORD_RESET_CONFIRM-en_US' for key 1

I also tried (on a fresh DB schema) changing the primary locale to Francais (Canada) and received the error:

A database error has occurred: Duplicate entry 'PASSWORD_RESET_CONFIRM-fr_CA' for key 1

It looks like the language files may have duplicate keys? I took a quick look in the en_US/locale.xml file for the PASSWORD_RESET_CONFIRM key but didn't see it in the file.

Thanks,
-peter
thiessenp

Postby asmecher » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:43 am

Hi Peter,

Would you be able to clean out the install and try it again, this time with the "debug" option on? This will generate quite a bit of debugging information; PM it to me and I'll see what I can find.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby thiessenp » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:24 am

Hi Alec,

I turned debug on etc. I did a fresh install with English and French language packs and received no errors. Have any patches been applied to the language files? Either way, I think this is good news and I'll updated this post if I encounter any more errors.

Thanks for the help!
-peter
thiessenp

Return to OCS Technical Support