OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Submission ID in email

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Submission ID in email

Postby tlove » Thu May 29, 2008 6:52 am

Hello,
The administrator of an OCS conference I host would like to include submission ID in emails and get access to submission ID. Her reasons are:

"For those authors who haven't received a decision on their paper before the Early Bird registration deadline on 1 June, we will be allowing them an extra few days. I will give the administrators dealing with the bookings a list of all the submission IDs where a decision has not yet been made. I will therefore need authors to quote their submission id when they make a late booking, otherwise they'll be charged at the full rate. So I need to add the paper id to the various email templates I use to notify authors when a decision is made. If it can't be done automatically, I'll have to add it manually to each one. In any case, when I am dealing with correspondence and uploading papers etc to the system, it is much quicker to locate papers by paper id than by paper title. You can't sort titles alphabetically so you have to do a find / search every time and it makes it quite time consuming."

As far as I can see, the nearest field is "paper_id". Is that right? I can't, however, find a template variable for paper_id ti include in emails.

Any advice very welcome!!

Best wishes and thanks in advance

Terence
tlove

Re: Submission ID in email

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:08 pm

Hi Terence,

If you're handy with checking out the underlying code, you should be able to port the following patch to OJS over:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2146&p=7195&hilit=email+variable#p7195

Instead of making changes to ArticleMailTemplate.inc.php, make changes to PaperMailTemplate.inc.php; and instead of adding a reference to articleId, add one for paperId. I'll be testing this today and possibly adding a bugzilla entry, so you'll hear back.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support