OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCS 2.1 Sidebar

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

OCS 2.1 Sidebar

Postby ozgur » Sat May 24, 2008 1:33 pm

Hi. Thanks for releasing OCS 2.1.

I am setting a new site. My questions:

1) In the previous release, I could change sidebar.tpl and added the content of the sidebar. Now, there is not any sidebar.tpl in the templates/common folder. Where is the location of the file that I can edit conference content shown in the sidebar in this release?

2) In this website: http://www.ich2p.org/ocs/index.php?conference=ICH2P&schedConf=ich2p09

As you can see, the content in the middle of the page is not centered. There is almost no space with the right side border. How can I fix it?

3) If I want to change the color of the top header, which file should I edit?

Thank you in advance,
Ozgur
ozgur

Re: OCS 2.1 Sidebar

Postby jmacgreg » Sun May 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Hi Ozgur,

ozgur wrote:Hi. Thanks for releasing OCS 2.1.

I am setting a new site. My questions:

1) In the previous release, I could change sidebar.tpl and added the content of the sidebar. Now, there is not any sidebar.tpl in the templates/common folder. Where is the location of the file that I can edit conference content shown in the sidebar in this release?

OCS 2.1 has moved to a 'blocks' structure for the sidebars. The core code for these blocks are kept in plugins/blocks/[blockName] -- you'll see one for help, one for information, etc. I'd suggest taking a look at how these blocks are put together, and then copying and editing one to create a new, basic block. If you need further info on this, let me know.

2) In this website: http://www.ich2p.org/ocs/index.php?conference=ICH2P&schedConf=ich2p09

As you can see, the content in the middle of the page is not centered. There is almost no space with the right side border. How can I fix it?

Not quite sure I follow you on this one. it may be my resolution settings, but the page looks fine. Can you provide a bit more detail, and if possible, a screenshot?

3) If I want to change the color of the top header, which file should I edit?

If you are using a theme, and it looks like you are, you'll have to edit the theme's stylesheet. This can be found in plugins/themes/[themeName]. You'll want to make changes to the #header background color.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: OCS 2.1 Sidebar

Postby mcrider » Sun May 25, 2008 10:56 pm

Hi ozgur,

ozgur wrote:

I think I see the same problem you are, where the description text goes all the way to right side of the main column. Looking at the code for the site, the container that holds the description text seems to have been customized on your end, or else is a relic of an older version of OCS (which I'm not too familiar with, sorry). That is, it has the class "MSONormal", which doesn't exist in the latest version of OCS. The container has an inline style "text-align: justify", and if you remove this style, you'll find the text doesn't run all the way to the edge. If you wish to keep the text justified, you will have to add padding to that container's style. I suggest searching for the text "MSONormal" through your OCS directory, and editing the style for that container. Let us know if you need further help with this.
mcrider

Return to OCS Technical Support