OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

[RESOLVED] OCS 2.1 install bug

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

[RESOLVED] OCS 2.1 install bug

Postby mendesrocha » Sat May 24, 2008 11:09 am

Hello All!

I am attempting to install the new release of OCS, the version 2.1.

But, i thought I`ve a bug.

First. As soons as I have unpacked the .tar.gz file I come to my browser to run the install, but the system returned me the following message:

Code: Select all
Warning: unlink(/home/renato/public_html/congressos/cache/fc-locale-list.php) [function.unlink]: Permission denied in /home/renato/public_html/congressos/classes/cache/FileCache.inc.php on line 53

Fatal error: Smarty error: unable to write to $compile_dir '/home/renato/public_html/congressos/cache/t_compile'. Be sure $compile_dir is writable by the web server user. in /home/renato/public_html/congressos/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

So, I changed the permission of /congressos/classes/ to 776 and it worked.

Then, I refreshed my browser, but the system returned me the following error:

Fatal error: Class 'Config' not found in /home/renato/public_html/congressos/includes/functions.inc.php on line 105
Last edited by mendesrocha on Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mendesrocha

Re: OCS 2.1 install bug

Postby asmecher » Sat May 24, 2008 11:19 am

Hi mendesrocha,

I think this is still a file permissions problem -- see under "Installation" (step 2) for a description of the files and directories that need to be writable by the web server. It's the cache directory, not the classes directory, that's encountering permissions problems in the error message you first quoted.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby mendesrocha » Mon May 26, 2008 9:14 am

Hello Alec,

Thanks for you attention. It was really a permission's error. So, I correct it and the installation runs well. Now, I think we are having problems with the Zend Optimizer of my server. I wrote to the Server Admin and they said that they cannot disable the Zend Optmizer.

We receive this message from the system, when we try to log in:

DB Error: Duplicate entry '57t3m4rk5lnolfb433neocsmu7' for key 1

The Server Admin said that one possible solution is to set the DB table to accept duplicated values. Do you think this will solve our problem?

We have both OJS and OCS installed on the same server. And both softwares are returning the same problems.

Att.
Renato
mendesrocha

Postby asmecher » Mon May 26, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi Renato,

Try running the following MySQL command:
DELETE FROM sessions;
You may have a server configuration that automatically creates sessions -- but see if this works first.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mendesrocha » Mon May 26, 2008 2:33 pm

Hello Alec,

This worked. The index of OCS has showed up again.

But, when I try to login with the admin user, I got the duplicate entry database error again.

Att.
Renato
mendesrocha

Postby asmecher » Mon May 26, 2008 4:12 pm

Hi Renato,

Have a look at http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2885 -- there are some suggestions there for the same issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mendesrocha » Mon May 26, 2008 8:17 pm

Hello Alec,

I have already read that topic and I have tried many of those suggestions, but unfortunately none of them was sucessfull.

I turned the debug on, and it returns me the following:

(mysql): SET NAMES 'utf8'   (mysql): INSERT INTO sessions (session_id, ip_address, user_agent, created, last_used, remember, data) VALUES ('t8iljp2gnpp7ue7ujge2sl5hc1', '189.5.113.230', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pt-BR; rv:1.8.1.14) Gecko/20080404 Firefox/2.0.0.14', 1211858020, 1211858020, 0, '')   1062: Duplicate entry 't8iljp2gnpp7ue7ujge2sl5hc1' for key 1

ADOConnection._Execute(INSERT INTO sessions
            (session_id, ip_address, user_agent, created, last_used, remember, data)
            VALUES
            ('t8iljp2gnpp7u...) % line  845, file: adodb.inc.php
                  ADOConnection.Execute(INSERT INTO sessions
            VALUES
            (?, ?, ?, ?, ?,..., Array[7]) % line  175, file: DAO.inc.php
               DAO.update(INSERT INTO sessions
            VALUES
            (?, ?, ?, ?, ?,..., Array[7]) % line   72, file: SessionDAO.inc.php
            SessionDAO.insertSession(Object:Session) % line   79, file: SessionManager.inc.php
         SessionManager.SessionManager(Object:SessionDAO) % line  106, file: SessionManager.inc.php

Any suggestion on that?
Last edited by mendesrocha on Tue May 27, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
mendesrocha

Postby asmecher » Mon May 26, 2008 9:32 pm

Hi Renato,

Has the debug option been turned on throughout this process? If so, that's probably causing the problem. Turn it off, delete everything from the sessions table, and see if that works.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mendesrocha » Tue May 27, 2008 11:23 am

Hello Alec,

Has the debug option been turned on throughout this process?

No. I manually edited the file config.inc.php and turned on the Debug option. The weird thing is that a week ago I have installed the OCS 2.0.1 in the same server, and everything was apparently OK. We could log in, we created an conference, and we were working fine with the OCS. But, we were with an error on syncronizing the characther codification between OCS and our DB. So we deleted the old OCS, and installed the new OCS. I have also tried to re-install the previous version, but I have no advance.

Is there any way to allow duplicate entry in the session table of our database ? Or, this does not make anysense?

Att.
Renato
mendesrocha

Postby asmecher » Tue May 27, 2008 8:07 pm

Hi Renato,

No, allowing duplicate entries in the sessions table won't help. Has anything else changed on your server, i.e. is something using the auto_prepend_file or auto_append_file settings in your php.ini?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Postby mendesrocha » Wed May 28, 2008 2:51 am

Alec,

I suppose that no.

I access the phpinfo and search for theses values, the result are these:

Configuration

PHP Core

Directive Local Value Master Value
auto_append_file no value no value
auto_prepend_file no value no value

If you could take a look at hole configuration of the php of my server, it is accessible from this address:

http://cbce.tempsite.ws/locaweb/

Att.
Renato
mendesrocha

Postby asmecher » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:44 am

Hi Renato,

I'm having a hard time duplicating this behavior locally; would you be willing to temporarily grant me access to the server (i.e. via FTP) to investigate further? Please PM me.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Re: [SOLVED] OCS 2.1 install bug

Postby mendesrocha » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:59 pm

Alec,

I am glad to announce that the problem we had is now solved. I finally conviced the server admin that the problem was not with the code of the software, but yes with the server configuration. They said that have updated the php 4 to php 5. So, we inserted a .htaccess file in the root directory of OCS instalation with the line to maintain the php4 version for our website.

AddHandler php4-script .php .php3 .phtml .php4

And then, every button and function of the OCS started to work properly.

Thank you for every minute of your attention you spend on our problem.

We will start a experience using the OCS, and I hope that the guyz from the organization adopte the software and use it in the future days. If you want to take a look, the system is in the following address:

http://congressos.cbce.org.br

Regards,
Renato
mendesrocha

Re: [RESOLVED] OCS 2.1 install bug

Postby asmecher » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:50 pm

Hi Renato,

Glad to hear it's resolved. FYI, we mostly develop using PHP5 and have never encountered the sort of problem you had -- I still suspect it's a Zend Optimizer bug, as we've had some strange problems with that before. If you're forced to go to PHP5 in the future, I'd suggest getting your host to temporarily disable the Optimizer to see if that's the problem. (It may be possible to do this via .htaccess as well, but it depends on the host.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OCS Technical Support