OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OCS 2.1 Released

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

OCS 2.1 Released

Postby asmecher » Fri May 23, 2008 5:23 pm

The PKP Development Team is pleased to announce the release of OCS 2.1.

OCS 2.1 is a strong follow-up to the release of OCS 2.0, which in turn was a complete rewrite of the established 1.x line of OCS releases. It uses the proven OJS 2.x codebase with numerous additions to the feature sets of both OJS 2.x and OCS 1.x. OCS 2.1 includes many bug fixes and new features:
  • Full multilingual support for all applicable metadata
  • TinyMCE support
  • Scheduler
  • Contextual help
    ...and much more.
To download OCS 2.1, see the download page.
asmecher

Re: OCS 2.1 Released

Postby jlmartin » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:25 am

Hello, I'm just discovering the big possibilities of this software; I think it's a very good job and thanks for your effort.

I'd like to ask about translations included in the actual version (downloaded today, 3-june) because I've seen that a few languages are more "finished" than others.
English, Portuguese (Brasil), Italian and French (Canada) look completed, but French (France), German, Spanish and Chinese are only partially translated.

In fact, I'm first interested in Spanish (reported as "complete" in http://pkp.sfu.ca/ocs-languages) so, is there any spanish translation more complete that included in the zip?

Thanks again.
José Luis M.
jlmartin

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Hi José,

Thanks for your interest in OCS! Off the top of my head I'm not entirely sure on the percentage of completeness of the Spanish translation. We do try to have French, Spanish and Portuguese translations as complete as possible before shipping a new version of OCS, but aside from fr_CA it's a volunteer effort and somewhat out of our control.

OCS 2.1 comes with a translation plugin that allows for a thorough check on a locale pack against the default en_US translation, and provides a UI to complete the translation or edit any oddities you may find: you can find it in the System Plugins page under the Conference Manager User Home page. You'll have to enable it, then revisit the Systems Plugin page and click the Translate link.

If you'd like help in using the translator plugin, take a look at http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/docs/translating/ar01s05.html, and also feel free to post any questions here. Also, if you do end up putting some work into a translation, please consider contributing it back to the PKP (instructions included in the above link).

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jamief » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:02 am

I am also interested in maintaining a spanish version of the system.

I did the recent upgrade, and am wondering, if I followed the instruction, to just dump all the new files into the root directory, am I reverting my locale files back to a less than complete translation of the spanish?

I noticed that a number of untranslated titles appeared after the upgrade to 2.1.2, but it is possible those are the titles that didnt exist in the previous version or are instances of new titles no contained in any previous version, and hence, hadn't been translated to date.

So I guess my question is, what happens to our translation work when we upgrade each time the OCS? are we over-writing our work?
jamief

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:35 pm

Hi Jamie,

If you overwrite your old files with the new files, you will overwrite any changes to those files -- even changes made using the Translation plugin. You can always use the patch upgrade process to work around this problem; and if you do make changes and send those changes to us (you can export a full locale using the translation plugin) we'll add your changes to future versions of OCS.

If you like, I can add you to the translator announcement list for OCS. We send out an email every time we get close to a new release, asking for folks to update their translations; we also provide a translation install and instructions. Since locale maintenance is a volunteer service, we do rely on our community for updated translations, and we would greatly appreciate the help!

cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby AshleyMurphy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:38 am

Just wondering when the next update will be and whether it's going to include any improvements for French translations.
Ashley

In the case of click here I love to read this.
Last edited by AshleyMurphy on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:15 am, edited 7 times in total.
AshleyMurphy

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Hi Ashley,

OCS 2.3 should be released in the very near future -- likely early next week. The French translation has received attention from our colleagues at the Universite de Montreal, but I'm not fluent enough in French to say whether they overhauled it significantly or not.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support