OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

paypal_transactions table

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

paypal_transactions table

Postby tshore » Thu May 15, 2008 5:56 am

Just taking a look at this table as I was wanting to display the PayPal transaction ID on the printable receipt I've made up. I also wanted to add the ability to enter the PayPal transaction ID in the edit registration form (this is needed when payments don't get automatically posted, for whatever reason). However, it looks like there is no guaranteed link between this table and the user or registration tables? I was expecting to see a registration_id column in there, or perhaps a user_id column? Also, am I correct in saying that there is no way to access this table via the OCS admin system?

For anyone who is interested, here is screenshot of my receipt:

tshore

Re: paypal_transactions table

Postby jalperin » Wed May 21, 2008 4:46 pm

tshore,

That receipt looks great!

In answer to your question, NO, the paypal_transactions table do not have a user_id or any registration_id field. This table is simply a log of all the transactions that come in to OCS from PayPal, containing only the information that is submitted to OCS by the PayPal IPN. OCS does not, at the moment, have any type of interface that lets you access this table. In the limited functionality of OCS' paypal, this table only serves as a log of received transactions for fraud prevention (from people sending fake payments using previously received transactions) and to help resolve any accounting discrepancies.

We implemented a completed_payments table in OJS, which is more what you are looking for. However, this has not made its way over to OCS yet. This table is NOT meant to be a record of all payments, only paypal ones. You cannot enter your own transaction or make up your own transaction id's, since these are both generated by paypal.

You can use the receiver_email from the transactions table and link this to your users table in order to figure out what user originally submitted the transaction. From this, you can find the corresponding registration_id.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please ask.

I'd be curious to see how you've implemented the receipts, if you're keen on sharing the code. Thanks!
jalperin

Return to OCS Technical Support