OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Redirect with anchor doesn't work in IE

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Redirect with anchor doesn't work in IE

Postby edithlin » Fri May 09, 2008 2:40 am

Hi

I've encountered the captioned problem previously and want to share a solution here.

Problem: try to add anchor parameter when calling Request::redirect but IE can't recognize the anchor (and trimmed).

Solution: update redirectUrl function in Request.inc.php as below:
function redirectUrl($url) {
if (HookRegistry::call('Request::redirect', array(&$url))) {
return;
}

//header("Location: $url");
header("Refresh: 0; url=$url");
exit();
}

James, if you find any problems on changing this, please feel free to alert me.

Cheers

Edith
edithlin

Re: Redirect with anchor doesn't work in IE

Postby smiri » Sat May 10, 2008 6:00 pm

Hi Edith,

I tested the redirect function and it is working fine using IE 6, IE 7, Firefox and Safari. Can you give us more details on what you were trying to do that failed?

Thanks,
Siavash
smiri

Postby edithlin » Mon May 12, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi Siavash,

I added an anchor parameter 'reviewSteps' as below to focus a reviewer to the Review Steps section:
Request::redirect(null, null, null, 'submission', $reviewId, null, 'reviewSteps');

However, IE doesn't set the focus and just remains at the top of the page. I then found that IE just trims off '#reviewSteps' from the URL.

My broswer is IE6 but I didn't test other IE version.

Edith
edithlin

Postby smiri » Mon May 12, 2008 9:03 pm

Hi Edith,

Can you see if you can access any other page that uses an anchor? I've tested this on an older machine and IE6 is handling anchors just fine.

try this link in your browser: http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3104#p11255

You could also try to access your reviewSteps page with the anchor directly and not via the redirect function.

Regards,
smiri

Postby edithlin » Tue May 13, 2008 8:05 pm

Hi Siavash

A normal anchor link works fine in my browser. However, my link is something like this:

http://myhost/conference/index.php/test ... bmission/1#reviewSteps

After a reviewer clicking on the 'Will do the review' button and sending out the email to the Track Director, the system goes back to the top of Abstract Review page. How to move the focus down to the review steps section with the anchor directly and not via the redirect function? Could you show me in details?

I can't think of any other ways and thus I updated the confirmReview function in SubmissionReviewHandler.inc.php by adding an anchor parameter (as shown in my pervious reply).

Thanks

Edith
edithlin

Postby edithlin » Sun May 18, 2008 7:14 pm

Hi Siavash

Sorry not to have responded sooner to my reply.

Edith
edithlin

Postby asmecher » Mon May 19, 2008 9:36 pm

Hi Edith,

Where did you modify the redirect call to add the new anchor parameter, i.e. what function in what file?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby edithlin » Tue May 20, 2008 12:16 am

Hi Alec

I've updated the confirmReview function in pages\reviewer\SubmissionReviewHandler.inc.php,
from
Request::redirect(null, null, null, 'submission', $reviewId);
to
Request::redirect(null, null, null, 'submission', $reviewId, null, 'reviewSteps');

And of course, I've added <a name="reviewSteps"></a> to the templates\reviewer\submission.tpl file.

Thanks

Edith
edithlin

Postby smiri » Thu May 22, 2008 6:39 pm

Hi Edith,

I have used your code below and confirmed that this is a bug. I've filed a bugzilla entry for it as well:
http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3520

For the time being, I would suggest you go on with your work-around for this bug until it's resolved.

Thanks,
smiri

Postby edithlin » Tue May 27, 2008 9:59 pm

Thanks for your information.
edithlin

Return to OCS Technical Support