OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Adding additional pages

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Adding additional pages

Postby hda.lib@cbs.dk » Tue May 06, 2008 3:25 am

We need to add several additional pages and menupoints to specific conferences.
Could be hotels, how to find us etc.
I checked the discussion on viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1987 but the conclusion on this is not clear.
But basically we need a simple way to add additional pages and menu point (i.e. so the menu points will appear together with "Registration", "Timeline" etc) - and different ones for different conferences. It should be possible for a local editor to be able to add these without changing the code of the templates.
Is this possible?
sincerely Helle Damgaard, CBS
hda.lib@cbs.dk

Re: Adding additional pages

Postby jmacgreg » Tue May 06, 2008 2:33 pm

Hi Helle,

I've read this and your other questions regarding OCS, and someone from the team will reply to each in turn with specific responses as necessary. I would suggest that if you are currently testing out OCS you may want to wait for OCS 2.1, which will be released by the end of the month. It has many new features, including some you are looking for. If you would like to get a sneak peek for testing purposes, you can checkout OCS from CVS:

Anonymous CVS:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@lib-pkp.lib.sfu.ca:/cvs login
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@lib-pkp.lib.sfu.ca:/cvs co ocs2

Meanwhile:

You can add more items under About the Conference by visiting Conference Management --> Website Management --> Step 1.6 (1.7 in OCS 2.1). Anything you add here will appear in the About page, under Policies. You can add multiple items here if you want.

In OCS 2.1, the Registration information page has been expanded to "Registration and Accommodation." You can view the following bug report and patch:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2920

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support