OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Paper lengths

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Paper lengths

Postby buggy » Sun May 04, 2008 7:23 pm

Hi

I'm supporting a conference that has two papers lengths (30 and 60 minutes). Is it possible with OCS 2.0 to prompt the user to select a paper length during submission? If not, is it possible to add different papers types (30 minute paper and 60 minute paper)? Does OCS 2.1 allow this?

Thanks,
Rich
buggy

Re: Paper lengths

Postby jmacgreg » Mon May 05, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi Rich,

I'd suggest creating two different Conference tracks -- 30-minute presentations and 60-minute presentations. You can do this from the Conference Manager's User Home page (to see the Conference Tracks option you'll have to have already created a scheduled conference). Once the two conference tracks are created (and the default track, General Papers, deleted), authors will have the option of submitting to either, during the first step of the submission process. They must choose to sumit to one or the other, or they will not be able to proceed to step 2.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby buggy » Mon May 05, 2008 9:17 pm

Thanks James but we still want to use tracks and have too many to use PHP (30 minutes), PHP (60 minutes), etc. I was hoping that there might be an easy way to customise the submission type so it showed:
    Single Presentation (30 minutes)
    Single Presentation (60 minutes)
    Panel Presentation

I'll look at it later tonight and will either a) create a patch to allow the director to set the types or b) simply hack OCS to include short and long presentation types.

How far along is OCS 2.1? If I go with option (a) it would be nice to write it for 2.1 if it's coming out soon.

Rich
buggy

Postby jmacgreg » Tue May 06, 2008 12:56 pm

Hi Rich,

2.1 is coming along fairly quickly: we're aiming for release by the end of May. A patch would be greatly appreciated, and I would recommend submitting a bug report with a noted intention of a forthcoming patch to our bugzilla tracker:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/

Thanks,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support