OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

paper upload

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

paper upload

Postby domenico » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:32 am

Hi,

I'm not able to upload paper bigger than 10Mb (Unfortunately I can't change the php server config). So I think a possible workaround is:
1. start submission procedure via author account
2. after the upload fails (and OCS report "Awaiting Upload") upload the file via FTP
3. change the path to the ftp-uploaded file

So, my problem is; it is possible to change the file path after upload fails?

Thanks
Domenico
domenico

Re: paper upload

Postby asmecher » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:44 am

Hi Domenico,

I'd suggest uploading a temporary file of the same type (i.e. if you're using OpenDocument files, then upload a blank ODT), then using FTP to replace that with the full-sized file. Unfortunately there's not much you can do if PHP's limits are set too low, but depending on your server configuration, this work-around should be OK. (You may have to wrangle with file permissions.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: paper upload

Postby domenico » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:15 am

Thanks Alec,

I'll try this solution.
domenico

Return to OCS Technical Support