OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Admin email for password change - bug?

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Admin email for password change - bug?

Postby tlove » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:04 pm

Hello, we're using the admin site administrator role for the technical manager. Peculiarly, it seems that password resets, and perhaps some other messages(not fully confirmed yet) are going out via the site administrator email rather than the director or conference manager email. Seems odd. Is this intentional? .
Best regards,
Terry
tlove

Re: Admin email for password change - bug?

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi Terry,

What do you have listed as your principal contact under Website Setup Step 1? This should be the email address and name used for most outgoing correspondence, including email reset requests.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby tlove » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi James,

Thanks for your message. Ah - now I see the organisational model you are working to. Its different from what I thought from the documentation and the software structure and screens.

We'd adopted a slightly different structure. The conference system is provided as a service to other institutions (usually university groups). Overall site administration admin is done by technical person (outsourced to my business), each individual conference has a conference manager located in an institution separate from overall technical admin or the ownership of the systyem (individual conferences happen in different countries and institutions). This seemed to be the best arrangement because there is no overall management needed at the top level except with regard to technical issues.

Bearing in mind that each conference is a distinct entity with its own management, and that most password change requests are from participants whose focus is that conference only, it would seem to make most sense (and be less confusing for users) if all emails relating to a single conference come from the manager of that conference?

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Terry
tlove

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:19 pm

Hi Terry,

I would agree with what you've outlined -- I would have the conference Principal Contact be just that, the person in charge of that specific conference, whether a business manager, administrative assistant, or what have you. This person would then field any questions, and presumably forward any technical questions to you.

Also: Conference Managers can handle password reset requests for any user enrolled with their conference, so these shouldn't necessarily be kicked back to you.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support