OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Paper Not Being Assigned to Reviewer

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Paper Not Being Assigned to Reviewer

Postby rodmc » Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:59 am

Hi,

I installed OCS yesterday and had many problems with memory and other issues, I even added in the code below to the index.php file, and some of the problems seem to have been solved. However when I assign a paper to a reviewer then check that reviewers account the assigned paper does not show up in their list of papers to review. Is there a reason for this or what can I do to fix it?

Code added to index.php:

ini_set("memory_limit","32M");
ini_set('display_errors', 0);

kind regards,

rod
rodmc

Re: Paper Not Being Assigned to Reviewer

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:34 am

Hi Rod,

I'm assuming that now that you have the memory limit raised you're having no problems with uploading and subsequently viewing the file (as a director, etc). This may actually be a small bug: Try logging in as Conference Manager, going to your Conference Setup, and under Step 3. making sure the checkbox next to "Reviewers will have access to the submission file only after agreeing to review it" is checked.

You'll also have to have a review file uploaded, and you'll then have to click the email icon under "request" to either send or skip the request email -- at this point the review should appear in the reviewer's list.

Let me know if that works,
James
jmacgreg

Postby rodmc » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:37 am

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in responding. As for the system it now appears to work and the reviews are correctly assigned, at least according to the tests so far. I suspect some of the problems may be down to the rather slow speed of the system, before it was timing out on some occasions. The speed problems remain but do not seem quite so severe and only apply to the OCS pages on the site. Are speed problems common?

You can check the site at http://www.peachbase.org/ocs

Feel free to submit something to the test conference, it would be a good way to see if everything works.

Kind regards,

rod
rodmc

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:49 am

Hi Rod,

I just did an author runthrough -- I received email notification when I signed up, so that seems to be working. The site seems perhaps a little slow, but not unmanageably so. If you'd like to put the test paper I submitted through a test review cycle, go for it.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby rodmc » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:07 am

Thanks, I have reviewed your paper :-)

Everything seems to be working and the loading time is better once I am in the system, although the index page is still a little slow.

Best,

rod
rodmc

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:47 am

Hi Rod,

I got the notification -- I have to say though, one of your reviewers was a little harsh. :P

Is this hosted in a shared hosting environment? I've done so previously, and have never really been happy with the result.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OCS Technical Support