OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Doubts OCS

Are you responsible for making OCS work -- installing, upgrading, migrating or troubleshooting? Do you think you've found a bug? Post in this forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, John

Forum rules
What to do if you have a technical problem with OCS:

1. Search the forum. You can do this from the Advanced Search Page or from our Google Custom Search, which will search the entire PKP site. If you are encountering an error, we especially recommend searching the forum for said error.

2. Check the FAQ to see if your question or error has already been resolved. Please note that this FAQ is OJS-centric, but most issues are applicable to both platforms.

3. Post a question, but please, only after trying the above two solutions. If it's a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OCS Conference Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a development question, try the OCS Development subforum.

Doubts OCS

Postby vlilloh » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:35 am

Hi,

I have some doubts about OCS:

1) Abstracts of the metadata published without tildes and without characters as the 'ñ', despite the fact that I got in the metadata.

2) I want to put some conferences years prior to 2008, and not let me indicate those years. The minimum allows me to date is the year 2008.

3) I activated 'Call for papers' and I get the link on the front page of a conference. But now I want to remove the link on the front page of the conference and I can not.

4) I write keywords, but then do not go in the abstract.

5) Titles and abstracts in different languages. But what happens with the same keywords.

6) You can not put a cover specific to a given conference within a conference schedule.

Cheers.
Last edited by vlilloh on Thu May 13, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
vlilloh

Re: Doubts OCS

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:55 pm

Hi Vlilloh,

Many thanks for your comments regarding OCS. We are currently testing the next version of OCS, and I will take a look at your list of concerns here and see if any of them can be ironed out. Please see below for some additional comments:

1) Abstracts of the metadata published without tildes and without characters as the 'ñ', despite the fact that I got in the metadata.

I believe this has been fixed in CVS, and will work properly in the upcoming version.

2) I want to put some conferences years prior to 2008, and not let me indicate those years. The minimum allows me to date is the year 2008.

Do you want to upload old conference proceedings? See viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2790&p=9906&hilit=archive+conference#p9906 and http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2851. This has been identified as an issue, but I don't believe that this functionality will be added to the upcoming version.

3) I activated 'Call for papers' and I get the link on the front page of a conference. But now I want to remove the link on the front page of the conference and I can not.

If you change the Submissions Closed date to a day in the past, the Call for Papers link should disappear.

4) I write keywords, but then do not go in the abstract.

Could you expand on this? I'm not sure what you mean.

5) Titles and abstracts in different languages. But what happens with the same keywords.

Do you mean what happens when it comes to searching? I'm not entirely sure, but I can get back to you on this one.

6) You can not put a cover specific to a given conference within a conference schedule.

I don't believe you can do this yet -- at least in the same way that you could with OJS. But you should be able to link to an image in both fields under Conference Setup Step 1.1 (Conference Description and Conference Overview) by using an img tag.

Please let me know if these answers help, and if you have any other questions or details.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby vlilloh » Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:05 am

Hi James,

1) Ok.

2) Yes, I want to upload old conferences. I find this an important feature. OCS, apart from being good as a means of management, I think it is very good as a means of publication, and would like to migrate to this system many old conferences. Is there any way to indicate homemade previous years in a particular conference tapping the source code of OCS?
Edit: If this is not possible, how can I remove the date of the conference homepage? (activated in the calendar)?
On the homepage will be years prior to 2008 by entering into one of the boxes below Step Conference Setup 1.1

3) Thanks.

4) Sorry. I refer to the role of Author, in step 2, indicates an abstract and keywords. And then I see the summary as a reader, but I do not see the keywords. In OJS it appears abstract and keywords when click on the summary of an article.

5) Sorry. I refer to the role of Author, in step 2, I suggest a title in several languages, I tell a summary in different languages (I activate different boxes). But I can not specify keywords in different languages (I can only have a box). I think this also happens in OJS.

6) Thanks.

Cheers.
Last edited by vlilloh on Thu May 13, 2010 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
vlilloh

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:34 pm

Hi Vlilloh,

Apologies for taking so long to get back to you, and thanks for the reminder. :)

1) OK. Hopefully will be resolved soon. The accents are very important in the Spanish language xD

We are undergoing closed beta-testing of OCS right now, with a public beta in the very near future. If you would like to try it out immediately, see the following post:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2896

2) Yes, I want to upload old conferences. I find this an important feature. OCS, apart from being good as a means of management, I think it is very good as a means of publication, and would like to migrate to this system many old conferences. Is there any way to indicate homemade previous years in a particular conference tapping the source code of OCS?
Edit: If this is not possible, how can I remove the date of the conference homepage? (activated in the calendar)?
On the homepage will be years prior to 2008 by entering into one of the boxes below Step Conference Setup 1.1

Take a look at the following posts for some further discussion on using OCS for old conference proceedings:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2073&p=6902&hilit=previous+years#p6902
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2790&p=9906&hilit=conference+archive#p9906

Again, the import and expedite functionalities that OJS has won't be available in the upcoming release, but we are interested in adding them. You should be able to manually create an earlier conference, however.

4) Sorry. I refer to the role of Author, in step 2, indicates an abstract and keywords. And then I see the summary as a reader, but I do not see the keywords. In OJS it appears abstract and keywords when click on the summary of an article.

Are you trying to view the metadata from the Reading Support Tool, after the presentation is available online? Or are you expecting the keywords etc. to appear directly below the abstract when a reader clicks on the presentation Abstract? If you need keywords after an abstract or a presentation, you could try something like the following:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1083&p=3278&hilit=keyword+abstract#p3278

5) Sorry. I refer to the role of Author, in step 2, I suggest a title in several languages, I tell a summary in different languages (I activate different boxes). But I can not specify keywords in different languages (I can only have a box). I think this also happens in OJS.

There should be no problem adding keywords in multiple languages within any of those fields.

Let me know about question 4, and I'll get back to you.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby mj » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi Villoh,

Just for reference, there is a patch for the special character / accent issue against OCS 2.0.0 on the Bugzilla entry. The patch is available here (diff format). You can apply this immediately to fix the issue if you're not able to wait for OCS 2.1.

Hope this helps,
mj
Site Admin

Return to OCS Technical Support